Clear All

• Your location: Western Ohio

Age (If you want): 30

How Primal are you: fairly

Do you consume dairy: natural butter and some cheeses

Do you drink coffee or tea: yes

Motivator for switching to Primal: fatness

Favorite exercise: biking

Favorite Primal food: I have started liking liver much more. Steak, otherwise

Best part about being Primal: weight loss, regaining athleticism

Worst part about being Primal: work travel makes eating difficult

Comment

• Your location: Dayton, Ohio

Age (If you want): 44

How Primal are you: on and off

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: coffee

Motivator for switching to Primal: need a less insulin resistance inducing way

Favorite exercise: jogging/walking

Favorite Primal food: bacon?

Best part about being Primal: tastes great

Worst part about being Primal: lemme think about it

Comment

• The Questions:

Your location: Malaga, Spain

Age (If you want): 41

How Primal are you: 99%

Do you consume dairy: No, allergic

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both, sometimes

Motivator for switching to Primal: Weightloss, brainfog, ADHD - a million things

Favorite exercise: Yoga

Favorite Primal food: Avocado

Best part about being Primal: I can eat till I'm full

Worst part about being Primal: Eating out is really hard

Comment

• Your location: Georgia

Age (If you want): 52

How Primal are you: just getting started

Do you consume dairy: yes

Do you drink coffee or tea: tea

Motivator for switching to Primal: being 52

Favorite exercise: swimming, running, strength training

Favorite Primal food: not sure yet

Best part about being Primal: I'll let ya know,

Worst part about being Primal: having to make the lifestyle change

Comment

• Name: Jim

Your location: Orlando, Florida (Disney world is not here, btw-- that's actually Lake Buena Vista)

Age (If you want): 39

How Primal are you: I was thinking in terms of "paleo," actually. But, I found this website and I really like it. It seems to have a cerebral approach, lots of solid information, and to be free of "bro-science". Whatever, you want to call it, though, I just started less than a week ago--unsurprisingly, I'm very enthusiastic about it after feeling the change in my body after the second day alone. Anyway-- let's say 90% because my sole "cheat" is that I'm still going to sneak a few alcoholic drinks here and there. Not quite ready to give that up yet.

Do you consume dairy: at the moment, none except grass-fed butter (and only for cooking, not slathering on things). After I've been at it for at least a month, I may try reintroducing high quality dairy such as organic full fat Greek yogurt or kefir, "just to see if it makes me feel any different."

Do you drink coffee or tea: almost any kind of tea imaginable, unsweetened. Coffee gives me the jitters, but I occasionally treat myself to a very small half-cup type portion, black or for a real treat, a touch of raw honey stirred in.

Motivator for switching to Primal: it was to get rid of the "dad-bod" that has come to plague my physique in recent years, but now that I'm seeing how awesome my body feels, I'm looking forward to seeing where that goes! Also, just in general, the crushing steel grip of control that the craving to overindulge in food has held over me for so long. Simply put, I got sick of it and decided to finally take real action.

Favorite exercise: whichever one I just finished just now :-) For serious, I want to emphasize low-rep, to-fail strength training. I admittedly have some work to do in getting serious about this, but I know that my improved physical health resulting from the paleo/primal way of eating will be an extremely helpful factor along the way.

Favorite Primal food: really, I can choose anything I want?? Give me some wild-caught scallops the size of ping pong balls, sauteed in grassfed butter, olive oil, and garlic!!

Best part about being Primal: I still keep saying "paleo"--oh well, the name isn't what's really important. My favorite part is the newfound mental freedom and sense of simplicity. I never realized just how much mental energy I was wasting and how much I was stressing myself out with all the myriad internal negotiations-- the little "but surely I can have just one [whatever crap food] if..." calculations. It's a load off my mind that I hadn't even realized was on it. I don't eat [x] because it's not part of the plan--that's it, done, onto the next thing!

Worst part about being Primal: I thought for sure it would be the carb cravings, or pining for foods I previously couldn't imagine totally giving up. But, nope--it's social pressure, and people who decide to act like idiots the second you tell them you're doing a specific way of eating. It's wasting your energy talking to these people (some in your own family, as I'm sure many know!) telling them for the nine hundredth time, "yes, it DOES mean I can't have even a little bit of this chicken that has breading on it" or whatever, ad nauseam, occasionally even being treated like I'M the jerk because I won't "just" eat this or that food "like everyone else." I am currently in the process of learning the phrase "this conversation is over" in every major world language! I really like sashimi, so I'll start with Japanese: Kono kaiwa wa owarimashita! (margin for error here- I used google translator)

Comment

• Your location: Stanford le Hope. Essex. UK

Age (If you want): 64

How Primal are you: not sure yet. just starting out 2 weeks in.

Do you consume dairy: mostly cheese and full fat heavy cream. ohh and grass fed unsalted butter. in bullet coffee

Do you drink coffee or tea: fresh colombian and americano.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Type 2 diabetic. and committed to getting off insulin.

Favorite exercise: running round the kitchen cooking.

Favorite Primal food: pork belly

Best part about being Primal: the tremendous energy i am feeling and the weight loss

Worst part about being Primal: Nothing. i love it.

Comment

Working...
              X