No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to primal eating! Here I go!

Hello to all who read.

I would just like to ask a newbie question (because I was never, ever truly primal). Why is it that if I don't eat enough protein at lunch time I feel hungry and just terrible? I ate 100g of chicken for lunch today, together with a large salad, avocado and some olive oil and I've just crashed! I'm starving and ready to eat some toast.

Also, I am aiming to eat around 60-70g's of carbs, 80g's of protein and the rest fat per day (1800 calories). Could someone please tell me if this seems OK for me: Female, 5ft 7in, 220lbs and around 35-40% body fat.

I love this forum and MDA and I know that this is the best way to eat, but I seem to have so many buts (real and vocally).

Thanks in advance.

Hi McTeez,,
    I am new to PB (7/20 started) but I find I get hungry if I don't have enough fat - I can go low on the carbs, mod low on the protein, but need the fat. Once I have enough fat I am fine and can often skip next meal (IF) - and bacon is my best friend. I don't know if you are doing dairy or not. Also, what kind of breakfast (if any) are you doing? A lot of folks do the Bulletproof Coffee - I haven't tried it yet, but that gets you off to a good start with the fats. You can do search here for recipe or google on the web. I eliminated all grains and sugars, so fat seems to provide the long term satiety I need.
    Joann

Comment

how long have you been eating primal? like joann said, fat=satiety

Comment

Yes to the fat, and also, I would just eat mo' chicken! Maybe mix some thighs in there if chicken is what you prefer.

Comment

Working...
        X