Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings to you all....I'm new

Hello...I am sending this note of best wishes to all forum members...I found Mark's Daily Apple this past Sunday when I was doing a search for information on the benefits of negative ions on humans. I was very surprised by the content and felt like i had seen his logo somewhere before. I am 61 as of two weeks ago...I am interested in participating in dialogues/personal experiences, hearing stories of individual strength building and turn arounds for guys my age. We can support each other by sharing experiences & knowledge as we have sooooooo freakin much...eh?

Best to you all...George

im not a guy your age, but welcome nonetheless!!

Comment

Hi George and welcome. I just turned 67 and feel better than I did 10 years ago. There are a number of us +60 types active on the MDA boards, so you'll have company on your Primal journey and I encourage you to give Primal a good shot, it really has been great for me. I went Primal in July 2012 after seeing my son make great progress with it. I was around 265 at the start and lost an average of 1 lb/week for a year (several extended plateaus on the way) and am now a stable 205, which is where I was at the end of my senior year in high school. I'm down from size 46 pants to 36. I've seen improvements in virtually all aspects of my life and have been amazed at how my perception of what food looks/smells/tastes good has changed.

So hit the "Start Here" tab, get the freebies, and read the Primal 101 info. Be sure you have a good handle on what you need to do, then stick with the plan as written for at least a couple of months before you try deviating off on various tangents you will see on the forum. Be sure to incorporate the exercise components, IMO that is key to getting the whole thing kick-started. If you are badly out of shape, do what I did, start a walking program. Do what you can and gradually build up.
      Finally have given up on MDA Forum.
      My friends, I'll see ya at primalforums.com where I'm user #4, and we do have a moderator.

Comment

Hi George,
        I am a newbie as well, started PB mid July and loving it. Already seeing improvements and weight loss. Getting off sugar/grains was a big push for me. I get my best results as long as I ensure that I get enough fats, that keeps the hunger for bad things away. Bacon is my new friend.

Good Luck, and enjoy the journey.
        Joann

Comment

Working...
        X