Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why You Can't Get Toned!

Hey Everyone! I just put out a new youtube video on my blog about the myth of toning, and how doing lighter weight, higher rep workouts wont give you the look of being "toned". It also dives into what being "toned" actually means. It's a word that needs to die, and you can find out more in my latest post!

Timothy Bell Fitness - How Fitness Was Meant To Be! : Why You Can't Get Toned!
    Fitness Is A Journey, Not A Destination.

Why You Can't Get Toned!

You never said why you can't get toned
    Last edited by bisforbella; 06-25-2015, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Because it doesn't exist lol
      Fitness Is A Journey, Not A Destination.

Comment

Great explanation

Comment

Dear I am newbie here and open your link once but I unable to get the right meaning of "Toned", so please elaborate once again to me.

Comment

Being "toned" is a perfectly good adjective for someone, male or female, who has a healthy level of body fat and an attractive level of muscle. Just because you put it in inverted commas doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Comment

The word "toned" is a pet peeve of mine. I think it got started by women's magazines but it's just such bunk- "toned" for women is "ripped" for men and it's a product of fat loss to show the muscle definition.
              High Weight: 225
              Weight at start of Primal: 189
              Current Weight: 174
              Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Comment

"toned" for women is "ripped" for men and it's a product of fat loss to show the muscle definition.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenboy View Post
                  Being "toned" is a perfectly good adjective for someone, male or female, who has a healthy level of body fat and an attractive level of muscle. Just because you put it in inverted commas doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
                  It's a perfectly valid adjective to describe someone's physique. The problem is its all-too-common use as a verb in the mainstream vernacular. When you perform 300 crunches because you want to "tone" your midsection, you demonstrate a fundamental misunderstanding of the nature of muscle tissue, and the adaptive processes by which a "toned" physique comes to exist.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Yes you can get "toned"! If you are relative lean and have not strength trained for a longer period! So there you are lean, flat but no athletic look at all; so you start strength training and presto in 2-3 weeks you look very different, much more defined and “athletic” looking without growing much muscle or losing fat.

So what happened? Shortening of tendons that tighten up your physiognomy, more tension but also more internal pressure in the muscles due to more storage of glycogen. I have observed many times that a lean de-trained person can change her look in a very short time by doing the right type of strength training!

Yep, that what some people mean by “toned”, so yes it’s a concept that refer to a specific athletic look that can easily be achieved from scratch if you are lean enough…
                    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Can we not have the articles directly to the forum instead of clicking a link ?

Comment

....because you eat too much?!

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
                          Can we not have the articles directly to the forum instead of clicking a link ?
                          He needs the site traffic, OS.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

"toned" is used because most women are still under the impression that lifting weights will make them look like an east german shotputter. so they buy little pink dumbbells that weigh 2 pounds and curl and curl and curl.
                            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                              "toned" is used because most women are still under the impression that lifting weights will make them look like an east german shotputter. so they buy little pink dumbbells that weigh 2 pounds and curl and curl and curl.
                              Exactly. Looking "toned" (it just means lean) has no connection to the silliness people act out in gyms all over the country every day under the impression that they're "toning."
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                              X