Ad Widget

Collapse

Strong Curves vs. SS length of time working out.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it is the acid in the fruit? Try something like a sweet potato or potato, rice, oatmeal. Or fasted. I do well with a banana/protein/OJ smoothie. Before I just did banana/whey protein/water. That was good too. I drink it 30 minutes before. I tried yogurt once, OMG, that was bad.

It sounds like you need to experiment and jot results down

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
      If you do indeed have adrenal fatigue, isn't a taxing workout counter-productive? So doing any exercise that makes you feel spent is probably not the best thing you can do for yourself and the incredible stress of a linear program is probably the last thing you should be doing. It sounds odd but sometimes milder exercise is better.
      Well, from what I am reading, you CAN do strength training. BUT, I think you have to do it in a smart way. I was doing it and feeeling fine the first few weeks. But then I stupidly tried a routine the personal trainer gave me at my gym, and I think that messed with me. I will be making some tweaks, changing up my breakfast and adding more cartbs. I will also take longer rest breaks and see if that helps. I see I need to take it easier and not push myself so much.

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
        Maybe it is the acid in the fruit? Try something like a sweet potato or potato, rice, oatmeal. Or fasted. I do well with a banana/protein/OJ smoothie. Before I just did banana/whey protein/water. That was good too. I drink it 30 minutes before. I tried yogurt once, OMG, that was bad.

It sounds like you need to experiment and jot results down
        Yes, I think so too. I feel fine otherwise, maybe feel like I need to rest a little bit after I workout, but maybe that is normal? Just a little, not dragging. My sleep is fine and my mood is good. It is just the nausea.

Comment

Ah, I found the link:
          What Causes The Nauseous Feeling When Working Out Too Hard?

"I strongly believe in the benefit of resistance exercise for individuals with adrenal issues, but adjustments in the intensity, volume, and workload simply have to be made. While aerobic exercise is certainly beneficial there’s a misconception that individual’s with adrenal issues have to limit themselves to walking or things like yoga.

The bottom line is full scale Burst training is not the ideal starting point for individuals dealing with adrenal issues due to the intensity. The adrenals simply can’t handle the responses to high intensity exercise if cortisol reserves are lacking."

I have not had a doctor diagnose me with adrenal fatigue, but I know that I have some level, though not as bad as a lot of people. It could just be that I am working out and am not ready for the amount of intensity and duration that I am putting in. Or the food issue. I am sleeping fairly well and have pretty consistent energy if I get enough sleep the night before.

Comment

Resistance exercise isn't the same thing as a linear strength program such as Starting Strength. A linear strength program requires a stress that forces the body to compensate by growing new tissue. Each time you work out, you must stress the body more than last time. This is a huge amount of stress because you never adapt, you just keep piling on the stress to keep forcing the adaptation.

Just lifting weights as exercise, going in and doing 3 sets of 8 at some weight that feels pretty good, isn't the same kind of stress. So yeah, you can do resistance exercise.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I went in today and did better. Of course, if I had actually done the right amount of reps for a particular routine instead of doing 20 EACH LEG, I would have been even better, lol! Gosh, if I had a brain, I'd be rich. No nausea today. Felt like if I had done more, I would have been worse off. But today was better, much better! I ate sweet potatoes last night and had a banana and some brazil nuts this a.m. (the fat to slow down absorption just a little because most of us have some blood sugar handling issues.)

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                Resistance exercise isn't the same thing as a linear strength program such as Starting Strength. A linear strength program requires a stress that forces the body to compensate by growing new tissue. Each time you work out, you must stress the body more than last time. This is a huge amount of stress because you never adapt, you just keep piling on the stress to keep forcing the adaptation.

Just lifting weights as exercise, going in and doing 3 sets of 8 at some weight that feels pretty good, isn't the same kind of stress. So yeah, you can do resistance exercise.
                Got it. Makes sense.

Comment

Just posting that today was great! I made sure to get more carbs in, and I rested more. Also, I worked out later in the day, so my meals were spaced out better as well. I will see how I sleep tonight. If all goes well, then maybe I will have found my fix. What a difference!

Comment

Working...
                  X