Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hip pain

For the past several months I've been walking about 45min a day at a fast pace interspersed with some light jogging, hiking, etc. For about a month I've had an ache in my right outer hip. I really believe it is from the impact of walking, jogging etc. Maybe bursitis? Weight bearing exercises do not cause pain. Sitting on my duff driving a vehicle makes it ache. Not moving for long periods makes it ache and sleeping on my right side can sometimes aggravate it but I also need a new mattress! (Coming soon)

I was very sedentary before going primal and starting to exercise. 30lbs dropped and now I have this hip issue.

Trying not to visit the doc over this. Any ideas?

Could be several things. Where "exactly" is the pain? Is it tender to the touch/pressure? Does going from sit to stand increase pain?

Point tenderness may be indicative of a bursitis or tendonitis. Iliac compression test (laying on your side) causing pain could indicate hip or SI lesion depending where pain is....Ect.

I think nobody has answered until now because this area is very gray. Differentiating hip, from SI, from low back without an actual physical examination is really tough. I might suggest this page https://quizlet.com/72152765/orthope...e-flash-cards/ . Has a good list of ortho tests that could help you self evaluate.

Comment

Thanks Neckhammer. The pain is on the outside of my hip. When I grab my hip and wiggle my thumb into the joint it is sensitive to this touch. It is worse going from sitting to standing and sitting cross-legged is very painful. Hope that helps. I will check out your link and thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

How is your walking gait?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Gait is fine. Walking is a little uncomfortable at first but then the pain goes away.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

If you are still keen not to see a doctor, perhaps try rotating swimming (or cycling) one day with walking the next. Every doctor and physiotherapist I have been to seems to advocate this rotation as a means for avoiding, reducing or managing my hip, knee and foot pain (old ballet injuries that just won't let up)! In any case, I hope your hip feels better soon.

Comment

Im gonna add my unqualified 2 cents and say that you could have some serious muscle tightness and you should stretch your hip flexors and glutes and "demolish" your lower body with foam rolling and soft tissue work

Comment

Working...
              X