Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Stair Set Workouts For Excellent Conditioning

Hey Everyone! I just put up a blog post on 2 methods I enjoy using for conditioning using only a set of stairs. I thought you might enjoy, let me know what you think!

Timothy Bell Fitness - How Fitness Was Meant To Be! : Get To Stepping - 2 Stair Set Workout For Conditioning

- Tim
    Fitness Is A Journey, Not A Destination.

2 Stair Set Workouts For Excellent Conditioning

Tim, I use stairs every other week usually as a conditioning tool for my baseball team. As a coach it's perfect for getting everyone moving with no equipment.

Some other variations I like to do involve how they get up the stairs,for safety purposes I always have them come down normally.
    Skip a step, skip 2 skip 3 - really emphasizes the explosive push off
    Bunny hops
    Right/left one leg hops
    Up 2 down 1 step - fast feet

Nothing groundbreaking but I can tell you a few circuits of the above will get even the most conditioned athletes toasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

^ Yup, back in highschool wrestling we would do these circuits one day and do a sprint down/jog back on the hallway the other half. Stairs where always the tougher of the two. We even did carries (carry a teammate on the back) up the stairs but come back down normal. Also use to do these as bleacher runs.....up one side across the bench and down the other.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyDamage View Post
        Tim, I use stairs every other week usually as a conditioning tool for my baseball team. As a coach it's perfect for getting everyone moving with no equipment.

Some other variations I like to do involve how they get up the stairs,for safety purposes I always have them come down normally.
        Skip a step, skip 2 skip 3 - really emphasizes the explosive push off
        Bunny hops
        Right/left one leg hops
        Up 2 down 1 step - fast feet

Nothing groundbreaking but I can tell you a few circuits of the above will get even the most conditioned athletes toasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
        Love it! Skipping steps is a fantastic way to develop glute strength and drive! Classic stuff and it just works.

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
          ^ Yup, back in highschool wrestling we would do these circuits one day and do a sprint down/jog back on the hallway the other half. Stairs where always the tougher of the two. We even did carries (carry a teammate on the back) up the stairs but come back down normal. Also use to do these as bleacher runs.....up one side across the bench and down the other.
          The partner carry is a staple in a lot of combat sports, brutal.

Comment

Working...
          X