No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast on Sprint Day... Okay/Safe/Good?

Hi!

So I'm live a primal/paleo lifestyle and I fast once a week. And I do sprints once a week as well.

My sprints are done on a recumbent bike and consist of 10 intervals where we go all out for 1 minute and then rest (easy cycle) for 45 seconds. We do a brief warm up and cool down as well. Entire session is 20 minutes. Heart rate gets up to 80-90% of max during the sprint intervals.

I sprint in the mornings and for a while now have been fasting on my sprint day. I feel fine throughout the day and stay well hydrated. I don't really feel or notice any ill effects of this practice. My fast is usually around 22-26 hours in length depending on what time I eat dinner the previous night and then again on fast night.

All that said, I just had someone suggest this was terrible and one of the worst things I could do for my body. This is coming from someone who is NOT primal or paleo. Are they right? Wrong? Your thoughts? I certainly don't want to be damaging my body and can easily switch my fast or sprint day. I was just thinking I was boosting my metabolism with the sprints and by fasting the same day, maximizing the fat eating benefits of said boost.

Any ideas/input much appreciated! Thanks!

Originally posted by byproxy View Post
    I feel fine throughout the day and stay well hydrated. I don't really feel or notice any ill effects of this practice.
    I think you just answered your own question.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

I woke up at 700 Saturday, went to the gym and pulled 405 lb just because and then sets of 365 X 3 too make sure. I left there for the track and ran sprints, nothing hard, 6X50 meters. I ate after. 3 eggs and pancetta. Don't over think this stuff. My prework out meal was a cup of coffee.
      Last edited by emerson; 03-05-2016, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X