No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Year .. But NOT A New You.

Hey Everyone,

First of all, Happy New Year to everyone here on the MDA forum. Thanks for all your support last year! I just wrote my first blog post of 2015, and yes ... it deals with New Years resolutions. It touches on why they don't really work and how to make actual lasting change in your life. Take a look and let me know what you think!

-Tim

Jungle Fit - How Fitness Was Meant To Be!: A New Year, But Not A New You!
    Fitness Is A Journey, Not A Destination.

Excellent points. This is why I'm excited for the 21 Day Challenge, actually.

There's nothing wrong with using the calendar change to inspire you, I guess, but that's the beginning - I feel like most of the "lose weight" New Year's resolutions are just used to sell products and programs these days, instead of inspiring thoughtful reflection and actually changing one's habits.

Comment

I'm not against using a calender as a tool to help you lose weight! In fact, I often suggest people use an "X" system. An "X" marks a day that you've worked out and ate well, a diagonal line from left to right means you've ate well but didn't workout, and a line from right to left means you worked out but fumbled on your diet. The goal is to have at least 5 "X''s a week minimum. It works well!
      Fitness Is A Journey, Not A Destination.

Comment

Good day to everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful new year celebration. I’m a frequent visitor of this forum. I finally decided to sign up and join the fun. Getting fit is the best way to start my 2015 right? Looking forward to learn from all of you here

Comment

Originally posted by TimBell View Post
          Hey Everyone,

First of all, Happy New Year to everyone here on the MDA forum. Thanks for all your support last year! I just wrote my first blog post of 2015, and yes ... it deals with New Years resolutions. It touches on why they don't really work and how to make actual lasting change in your life. Take a look and let me know what you think!

-Tim

Jungle Fit - How Fitness Was Meant To Be!: A New Year, But Not A New You!
          "More often than not, one or more of these resolutions have to do with losing weight, looking better, eating well, attaining some kind of new fitness skill / PR. Then it's usually followed up with that oh so original saying (sarcasm) "It's a New Year, Time For A New You!"..."

Guilty as charged!

Comment

I hope you all had a wonderful new year celebration.

Comment

Originally posted by TimBell View Post
              Take a look and let me know what you think!

-Tim
              I think if you're going to write a blog you should have it proofread before posting.
              My first journal - http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/for...mal-highlights

Comment

I was listening to something recently where a guy was saying about instead of having outcome goals, so loosing 20lbs or back squatting 300lbs etc etc, you actually say, "I'm aiming to eat less processed food" (which will lead to weight loss) or "I'm going to squat 3/4 times a week" (which will lead to heavier weight lifted).

I thought that made sense as eating less crap and lifting more (just 2 examples) are things you can directly control. Obviously there are other factors involved with those two examples but hopefully you can see what I'm saying.

Comment

Working...
                X