Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runner here but I can't eat that much!

Hey guys!

New to the community but I have been paleo for a year now and I simply love it. Paleo changed my life.

Anyway. I'm a runner. Part of my transformation was that I begun running when I was obese and now I run full and half marathons.

But the more paleo I get and the more IF I practice, the less food I seem to need to be fine. I am lean, stronger than ever and blood tests are evidence that I am healthier than I was in my 20's (I'm 41). I just eat pretty small portions and that's fine.

Except when a race is near. I am finding it harder and harder to eat a lot the week before a marathon. I know I need energy, carbs and protein... but I can only eat so much.

It's exhausting to be thinking about what to eat and reminding myself I need to eat all day long, at least 3 or 4 days before the race.

I never thought I'd ever say this, but eating a lot for a race is tiring and takes up too much time.

I know we don't need chronic cardio and running marathons is not necessary to have good health, but I like them. It's the eating a lot part what makes me pretty uncomfortable.

As a matter of fact I am thinking about quitting running long distances and stick to 10K and maybe 1 half marathon. Not sure yet.

Have you ever gone through this? Thanks!

Originally posted by Morex View Post
    As a matter of fact I am thinking about quitting running long distances and stick to 10K and maybe 1 half marathon. Not sure yet.
    Hello Morex, yeah, why not ? Try it and see if you miss full marathons after a while. In the end, I would say that you do what makes you feel great. If eating truck loads of food prior to a race is a nogo, you may already have your answer.

Comment

1-what are your stats? height/weight/age

2-what are you actually eating? give us a few average days worth of meals

Comment

You really don't need to eat that much more. Just tilt more towards carbs and less towards fat in the last three days or so. Ideally, try to eat most of your carbs following a run when your muscles are most sensitive to taking up more glucose.

Comment

I'm a big runner. While eating paleo, I just eat my normal meals and not worry about trying to carb load. Sweet potatoes daily. I had one the morning of my half marathon with almond butter. Felt great and ended up with a PR.

Comment

Working...
          X