Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like your voice. Were you both of them?

Easy does not equal Good. Glad you were aware of that. Another good story from our "G".

Do you ever listen to The Moth Radio Hour on NPR? You'd be perfect addition to a story slam!
    Female back to the basics: 5-2017
    CW: 2017: 150
    GW: 130 a dream, I know
    Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

I've always hated being wanted and not wanting back. It makes me feel guilty. You made the right decision. I too have hope for future romance in my life.

As to the zero carb, I have decided to aim for enough protein with fat added to satiety. I have experienced the value of those precious amino acids in curbing the binge urge. Vegetables will be as desired but not planned. That will keep me under 20 grams.
      1/11/18 We have moved! Join us at primalforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by perennialpam View Post
        Like your voice. Were you both of them?

Easy does not equal Good. Glad you were aware of that. Another good story from our "G".

Do you ever listen to The Moth Radio Hour on NPR? You'd be perfect addition to a story slam!
        Thanks, I voiced the whole demo.

Never heard The Moth Radio Hour on NPR. How would I find out when it plays? I'd love to hear it!
        Never argue for your limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
          I've always hated being wanted and not wanting back. It makes me feel guilty. You made the right decision. I too have hope for future romance in my life.

As to the zero carb, I have decided to aim for enough protein with fat added to satiety. I have experienced the value of those precious amino acids in curbing the binge urge. Vegetables will be as desired but not planned. That will keep me under 20 grams.
          I'm mostly blasé about dating right now moving forward. I have so much to do with my own life and if a man comes into it, so be it. If not, I'm chill there too.

I am zero carb - about 12 carbs daily right now. Also doing 18/6 IF (more because that's how life falls, or I don't have hunger etc). Am going to weigh myself tomorrow just for the sheer masochism of it...

Comment

Originally posted by Grokalicious View Post
            Thanks, I voiced the whole demo.

Never heard The Moth Radio Hour on NPR. How would I find out when it plays? I'd love to hear it!
            https://themoth.org/radio. Look around the site. You could also attend a story slam.... there are usually subjects in order to prepare an 8 minute (I think) story. True, personal, on subject. No reading.

My BFF and I attend the story slams as much as we can when she is in town.

Comment

Originally posted by perennialpam View Post
              https://themoth.org/radio. Look around the site. You could also attend a story slam.... there are usually subjects in order to prepare an 8 minute (I think) story. True, personal, on subject. No reading.

My BFF and I attend the story slams as much as we can when she is in town.
              Ahhh, nice. Thanks for the link

Comment

Ever the dreamer...

"Dream the impossible. Because dreams do come true."

I've had two dreams that validated my decision to leave the wine industry. Both in the same night and on the heels of casually running into multiple old pals from that industry who each told me how happy and young I look. Floating, I am floating. Never happier which is a lot to say, really.

The first one was about a man I know in the wine biz who is a General Manager of a really lovely wine store. Let's call him K. He was very instrumental in regard to my first wine job in Los Angeles after I moved back from Napa. In my dream we were having dinner in a high end restaurant and everything was lovely. The soft ambient light, candles and clinking glasses of good Champagne made it feel celebatory and I told him I would wait for him to finish eating to tell him something. His eyes twinkled as he whispered "No, no, Lish, no need. You're done now. Here let me give you a hug goodbye." He embraced me and as I sauntered out smiling I could hear him call out to me when I passed a huge mirrored wall "Look how happy you are already!". It felt like a lucid dream with the food's scent in the air, the taste of the Champagne, etc.

The second dream was also lucid. It started out with me on a stage with the Dalai Lama. The theater was full of people watching us from their seats and the stage had 2 chairs and a gorgeous candle in an ornately shaped holder downstage. He stood up and spoke to me, telling me I was on the right path. That my true purpose in life was to perform and write to make people laugh and cry and think. Same ambient glow as the other dream. Same colored candle. It felt as though I had just finished a performance and had made everyone laugh. I was stunned because this felt like a huge epiphany and at long last stumbled over my words "Thank you, your Holiness." Still beaming (as was he), I stood up gently and he walked over and embraced me as the audience came to their feet cheering. Standing ovation. I could feel the silk of his robes under my fingers, the scent of exotic myrrh at his throat. He softly blew out the candle and handed it to me, whispering that he was giving it to me so I'd have a constant tangible reminder that I was lighting my own true path. And the audience grew louder and louder with their cheering and thunderous applause and for the first time in my life, I knew I was finally home.

I've been exuberant ever since, warm in the knowledge that I did the right thing. And now? I have some huge things in the works. No clue if they will pan out but I was asked by casting to audition for a new cartoon series (I've auditioned for them before and they know/like my voice). This audition was easily my best work and I expect a call back this week. I have temporary headshots and will have new ones from my chosen photographer in January. I'm not nuts about waiting so if anyone knows of a great headshot photographer in Los Angeles, I'm in.

I am humble in realizing that not everyone has the sort of life that allows them to walk away from a career path toward something that is truly their passion. I also am exquisitely aware that even if I had more of a "traditional" lifestyle, I would still have taken the risk especially given that the bigger gamble would have been to do absolutely nothing.

And once again, that is that.
                Last edited by Grokalicious; 10-25-2016, 05:03 PM.

Comment

How great to read! I am so happy for you, Grokalicious! Can't wait to hear about you chasing, tackling, and owning your dreams!
                  Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

G---once again I am intrigued by your writings/life, all of it. You sound very good and happy.

Comment

• This is very exciting. Hoping for great news.
                      1/11/18 We have moved! Join us at primalforums.com

Comment

• Never take score too soon. Remember I said that because it will stop you from giving up right before the good stuff pours in. The updates YAY:

Au revoir to the Frenchman...ca vaut mieux. I am going on a little date in a bit with a gent who seems handsome and bright but likely too scientific for me. Hey, I'm meeting him for a glass of wine, so at least I am trying.

I'm shooting a high concept commercial tomorrow and Monday. No clue what it is but it pays and I get to be a chic zombie in it, whatever the hell that entails. I am picturing my high cheekbones enhanced with dirt and hollowed out with dark contour. Shooting an indie film in a couple of weeks that will make the festival rounds (Sundance et al). Funny, I am not doing too much with voice over, although I did a small one since I last wrote here that utterly screwed up my voice for a few days.

The ex is giving me my share of the house money at the end of this month so I will not be begging on the streets of Los Angeles any time soon. Life is good.

I am working out 5 times a week for 30 minutes each time. I am in and I am out and I hit it hard for that time. Still eating Keto which is fabulous but still have a vanity 10 lbs to lose (it's coming off!).

I am close to starting a new journal since I feel I am close to starting a new chapter. I miss writing so I will likely write a tale or two in here before I move on to the new one.

Be well all of you. Do NOT give up on yourself or your dreams whatever they may be. You will only kick yourself in the tushie later if you do. As my Pop used to say, "keep on keeping on."

My apologies for the mundane tone of this entry. I'm spacey and silly tonight! Off to check out Mr. Right Now.

Comment

• I hope to find the new journal to keep up with your interesting tales. Hope Mr. Right worked out. If only for a friendship. Take care.

Comment

• GLish, if you ever visit your thread again. Please, come on over with the MDA migration to http:// primalforums dot forumotion dot com Love to read about your experiences and thoughts and I know others do to.
                            Hope to see you there.....
                            Last edited by HeuristicFireFlower; 12-06-2017, 03:50 PM.
                            “Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good”. - Popular translation of Voltaire

If you are honest with your lacks, BE honest with your abundance, as well.

"....the route finding part, and dead reckoning - figure out where I need to be and how to get there, then stay on target as I move over the land and through the forest."
                            - Originally Posted by Meant2Move

Comment

• primalforums.com is where we all are.

Comment

Working...
                              X