Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stunning image of a tui in flight, thanks Lovebird. I went to the park today, the trees are bursting into blossom and some of them host half a dozen or more tui at once, all gorging themselves on the nectar.
    My first journal - http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/for...mal-highlights

Comment

• Before making the decision about what kind of hair extensions to use, do some research of your own. Salons will promote to you what they have for sale, but is it the best choice for you? Does their product fit your style and do they have the range of products that would fit all women’s types?

My hair is thick and wild and I had to spend hours just to brush through it. During my research, I run into BestHairBuy. I was thrilled to discover that there is a HUGE range of products, for every possible type of hair: Brazilian, African, straight, curly, waved, and an enormous range of colors. With a salon consultant, we picked the right product for my hairstyle and a few hours later I had 100% natural hair, at the exact color as my own, long and… well, to put it in a word: amazing. I will never live another day not looking gorgeous and being confident!
      Discover the best Cheap Human Hair Extensions in Best Sellers. Find the top 100 most popular hair extensions in Besthairbuy.com Beauty High Quality Wholesalers.

Comment

• Hope you're busy enjoying springtime! With all that gardening and hiking and such. And that you like the demonstration job as well, even if it wasn't mentioned since...
        "Don't sweat the small stuff and relax about the whole process"

Comment

• Thanks Lovebird. Not much gardening has been going on really, but I made a bit of a start. The weather has continued mostly wet, and the few good days usually get used to catch up on the laundry.

One of the best things about spring at the moment is that we have a tui (we think) nesting in the hibiscus tree by the front door. It has chosen a sheltered but not very private location. I was very worried because we had a workman here running internet cables right in that very corner today, but the bird seems to be hanging in there,to my relief.

Hiking continues weekly. This week we walked an illegal track. That is, we suspect it is illegal and I have notified the conservation department. Unfortunately, it seems likely that local mountain bikers have decided to see how much damage they can do before being caught, and it's quite a LOT. On the other hand, if DOC are indeed putting in new tracks through the bush in the national park then their contractors are doing a rough job of it, and in any case would be better off clearing the main tracks which are still blocked by trees that were brought down by the winter storms. In my very opinionated opinion

I'm still undecided about the demonstrating, but at least it has been keeping me busy, and in pocket money, which is what I need it to do. Just as well I decluttered, as it generates a fair bit of baggage.

Primal eating is falling below the 80% at times, and I'm not really keeping up with lifting heavy things, sprinting, or moving round a lot, other than my weekly dance class and the all day hike.

Last edited by Annieh; 11-10-2017, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• Hi Annie!!!

Have missed you. The site still gives issues though. Like being human and, for me, unable to log in some days.

I have begun my primal eating once again. Not too much has changed in my body that I can see but I do feel a difference and that is enough for right now. Why did I pick a particularly difficult time of the year to start again? Who knows. I had been considering it for so long it was either jump in or forget about it.

Glad you are still tramping.

Where I camp people often start new paths and/or places to camp. It is amazing what little disturbance causes the plants to give up.

Female back to the basics: 5-2017
            CW: 2017: 150
            GW: 130 a dream, I know
            Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Hey Annie - great to see you posting! Shame about the illegal track, but good on you for getting involved.

Hope you tui hangs on in there and gives you joy to watch over the coming months

Comment

• I think our nesting bird is not actually a tui after all, however, I am still happy that it is sticking to the task despite everything that was going on so nearby.

The weather has finally dried out! We could be in for a dry summer, but for now it's still quite cool. Hiking tomorrow.

Food is stuck in a rut. Fortunately DH has taken to cooking the occasional meal, I did not used to prefer this but now think I could get very used to coming home to find a meal literally on the table.

Browsing foodie magazines for inspiration for our Christmas menu. There are some great dishes, but lots and lots and lots of desserts - marshmallow, chocolate, gingerbread...the list goes on. Most look far too sweet for my liking.

Comment

• I'm wondering where my tastes will be at by Chrimbo, too. Juts impossible to tell at the moment. Part of me wants to be really virtuous about it, the other part has trepidation that I will just give in to everything - especially as we are away with family and will only have charge of one meal. Although to be fair the main Christmas meal is meat and veg; the decider will be whether or not I succumb to pudding. But, as I am not fond of home-made Christmas pudding I may just be OK.

Glad the bird has stuck around regardless of what it is. Its always great to have nature on our doorstep

Comment

• It's really sad how people have no sense or awareness beyond their destructive enjoyments or bubble of experience. In some cases a simple act of putting trash in a bin not in front of someone's house, small effort but big impact. Destroying for the sake of a ride is unfathomable. Hope your efforts make a difference.
                    Last edited by HeuristicFireFlower; 11-12-2017, 05:50 PM.
                    “Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good”. - Popular translation of Voltaire

If you are honest with your lacks, BE honest with your abundance, as well.

"....the route finding part, and dead reckoning - figure out where I need to be and how to get there, then stay on target as I move over the land and through the forest."
                    - Originally Posted by Meant2Move

Comment

• I moved around a LOT today. Six hours up and down through the bush, and across the prettiest rivers. I came home scratched and muddy to find DH cooking steak and chips, I can think of no better way to end a great day!

We found a new track that connects an upper and a lower route, this will enable us to make a circuit in future. Lots of new traps have been installed, total predator elimination may be an unrealistic goal but at least they are trying.

Even more intriguing, half way up this track there appear to be remnants of an historic track that we previously new nothing about, so that is something else we must explore one day. We always seem to find more questions than answers when we go out.

Random nosey poll on finances, especially for people who are married:

Do you have joint accounts, separate accounts, or both?

Just wondering. I asked my dh, and he said he has no idea how anyone else other than us operates their finances.
                      Last edited by Annieh; 11-13-2017, 12:28 AM. Reason: Random poll on finances

Comment

• How great that DH is kicking in to help around the house. Always a nice thing.

The discoveries you make add so much to the adventures you undertake. Cannot wait to hear about the historic track once you try that one out. You certainly are an adventurer. Wish I had a companion to do things like that. Once a year with the hiking group for a long hike just does not fulfill me.

Female back to the basics: 5-2017
                        CW: 2017: 150
                        GW: 130 a dream, I know
                        Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Gone. My Primal Highlights Journal is gone! The one where I logged every meal and all the wonderful changes that happened when I first dropped all the grains and seed oils from my diet and started eating more meat and veges. The one I always directed new enquirers to, because of the recipes and the encouraging conversations that went on in there. And the one I used to read back on when I needed fresh motivation to keep on grokking. I made some good primal friends, and have lost touch with a lot of them, but oh well, never mind. It has probably served its purpose. I will have to find some new highlights to write here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                            Gone. My Primal Highlights Journal is gone! The one where I logged every meal and all the wonderful changes that happened when I first dropped all the grains and seed oils from my diet and started eating more meat and veges. The one I always directed new enquirers to, because of the recipes and the encouraging conversations that went on in there. And the one I used to read back on when I needed fresh motivation to keep on grokking. I made some good primal friends, and have lost touch with a lot of them, but oh well, never mind. It has probably served its purpose. I will have to find some new highlights to write here.
                            http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/for...mal-highlights

I've tried to find the cache for M2M R2R2R but no luck so far...

Comment

• Lovebird! You are so clever and helpful. Not gone after all. Thankyou

Here is a sample menu from the front page, still makes me happy, just to read it:

B: Two-egg omelette served with freshly picked silverbeet, buttery mushrooms and topped with grated tasty cheese.
                              S: leftover roast potatoes, cashews.
                              L: roast pork, apple sauce, parsnip, bacon; Banana and berry chocolate smoothie with cream.
                              D: butter chicken on steamed cabbage, cauliflower; almond/banana cheesecake, fruit salad and cream

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                                Lovebird! You are so clever and helpful. Not gone after all. Thankyou
                                Any time Annie. Glad to be able to help out.

R2R2R story part 1 is in M2M's journal again, plus some additional posts on it, the cache version that Google keeps for a short time,
                                unlike part 2 on page 138 that's gone unfortunately and surprisingly.

Comment

Working...
                                X