No announcement yet.

Annie Ups the Ante

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you accepted that position? I suppose so because we don't seem to see much of you here in your own journal.

Hope it is going well for you Annie.
    Female back to the basics: 5-2017
    CW: 2017: 150
    GW: 130 a dream, I know
    Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Thanks, Pam. I didn't have much of primal to write in here, but yesterday I made a chicken soup. I had some again for breakfast today, just cos it was there, and it lasted me till 3pm when I tried to recall what I last ate!

Also had a fabulous hike on Monday, we discovered that one of the old trails we have been looking for has been slashed and marked, it looks like it is being upgraded to a proper track. At the moment it is marked by a handwritten sign saying Track Closed - like that's going to stop us, haha.

Yes I have signed up for the demonstrating, which is just as well as I wasn't required for book-shelving or dish-washing. My first session is still a week or so away, there is some training to do first.
      Annie Ups the Ante
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Sorry I'm late to the party Annie, Happy Birthday! Another prime year to celebrate and enjoy!

Good luck with the new job, hope you'll like it.

There are opportunities to learn and make adjustments, but there are no failures.

Comment

• Thankyou lovebird. I hope so too.

After 11 weeks since the last one, my period finally arrived, At least now I know I won't be waddling around 7 months pregnant at my daughter's wedding!

Preceded by a few unpleasant sweats in the night last week. Those had mostly stopped after changing to primal, but I have been undisciplined with it lately and reaped the consequences.

Today is a beautiful clear winter's day, I might do some more painting and plant up my new pot.
          Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Hurray for....what am I hurraying? Oh, not being pg at your daughter's wedding. My mom's best friend was worried about that once.

Hope you are feeling ok though.

Comment

• I am still coughing and spluttering my way through life, I caught the flu seven weeks ago and have to and fro'd between sickness and not-quite-wellness since. Over it.

My last two periods have both been late, which I had put down to menopause symptoms. I thought I was kidding about the pregnancy worry, but now it makes me wonder as I have also been feeling blah for so long.

Not much to be done about either issue, that I can see, other than to make another batch of soup and try not to succumb to too many chocolates.
              Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Rain poured down this morning and I was about to pike on my friend and let her walk alone. By the time we had spent half an hour in the car catching up on each other's week the rain had eased, so we set off together. Instead of the national park we opted to stay in town and check out a "levee" that runs behind my parents' place. So we started on the walkway, but unfortunately, the lace on one of my boots became caught on the hooks of my other boot and I went sprawling head first on the hard road. Fortunately the only real damage to me was one thin layer off the palm of my hand, it is still stinging several hours later though.

I got quite warm despite the slow pace and lack of any real hills to speak of, I wish I were functioning better but at least I am moving around a lot at a slow pace.

The river was dirty and running pretty fast today.

The levee was fascinating. There was an enormous intake, and draped across the grate on top of it was a large log, presumably swept there by the floodwaters a week or so ago. You could see the level the waters had reached at that time because all the grass is all muddied and flattened. It would have been spectacular to have seen if I had known about it then.

As we watched, a man arrived with two trucks, first he drove one backwards down to the intake, then walked back and drove the other in as well. We were wondering what one man and two trucks could achieve down there. By the time we passed back that way, another man had brought a digger. They were lifting the log off the intake and chainsawing it to bits. I think, my eyesight is only fair to middling and we didn't wait around forever. But it was interesting nevertheless.

The day of the (especially) big rain, there was so much water in town that people were actually surfing in the main street. If this levee had not been there the results could have been disastrous for the CBD.
                Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Annie - sorry to have been absent for so long. Sounds like a marvelous tramp yesterday, minus the fall to the ground. Hope that hand is feeling better today.

Since I have been hit or miss, I'm wondering if you've been to the Dr. about this prolonged Flu? Might not hurt to check in. I'm not a huge Dr. person myself, but with the length of time this is hanging on, I'd get it checked.

I also see I missed your birthday - Happy Birthday a bit late.

Grok on my friend!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107241.html

Comment

• Sure glad you were not badly hurt by the fall. And how frustrating to still have lingering symptoms. That just doesn't sound right and NM is right, perhaps it is time to see a doc.

Take care!
                    M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
                    - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• Between NM, M2M and my real life friends I ALMOST did go to the doctor, but actually now I seem to have come right at long last Looking around me there are plenty of people still battling nasty viruses, it has been exceptionally bad this winter, you even hear of people ending up in hospital. On the bright side, days are getting a little longer, and a little warmer, and the grass a little longer - spring may be just around the corner after all.

Miracle news for our church. We had been given notice because the building we rent each Sunday was to be sold. BUT, the building has been bought and the new owner is letting us have the entire building for ten years at a peppercorn rental. This is a relief, as we did not want to be homeless or move again, AND we will be able to leave all our gear set up week to week instead of having to pack in and out every Saturday/Sunday, AND we will be able to launch whatever extra services or midweek ministries we choose! It gives us a sense of stability that we never had before, even though we have been there for years.
                      Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• Congratulations on the church news! That was quite an investment of time and effort the way it was prior.

Glad to hear you are on the better side of illness.

All good news to hear.

Comment

• Annie such great news all the way around. What blessings.

Grok on my friend

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107241.html

Comment

Working...
                          X