Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Down & Dirty

Could have been 'Lux' also, but that's a bit short for a journal title...

Welcome to Alex' World...

About time to create a hangout of my own, and for those that share a love for good food, music, books, movies and training. I love to walk and talk and at times ramble as some of you already know only too well...

I'm pretty much worthless at logging facts, aside from the basics, since I don't see the appeal of it, even if I understand that some times just free-styling isn't going to cut it.

This is just a place to write some of the things down that pop up in my monkey mind and exchange thoughts with those that might be able to shed a different light on things. Or just barge in to say hi. ☼

My preference goes to 'ad libitum' which translates to "at one's pleasure"... and got me to where I am now... LOL Time to focus on food types first. No counting, no limited portions, and good tasting foods are welcome.
    Avoiding non-primal items and prepackaged "approved" stuff. Real food for the win. Some carb restriction....yes, but not much. Focus is on what
    feels good.

Restricting booze for now, even if I'm merely a moderate drinker. With age comes wisdom as they say... so for now it's mostly water, bubbly as well as flat.

Training as planned, focus on grit. Attention to enough rest as well as I tend to ignore that...

A keen eye on what I need vs what I want.

Sounds like a good plan to me, not all at once though, some of these will have to be treated as creating better habits...
    "Don't sweat the small stuff and relax about the whole process"

Comment

Comment

And no, I don't have any lovebird, just parakeets, and cats before that, but my preferred forum name was already taken...

Comment

Barging in. Hi, Lovebird.

Real food for the win - I couldn't agree more.
          Love the lovebirds
          My first journal - http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/for...mal-highlights

Comment

It's about time you started on of these! lol

Comment

Getting me a barge on as well.....

Hell or High Water is a BSC gem, seen they a couple of times, they rock, I like this one off that album as well....

Comment

Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                Barging in. Hi, Lovebird.

Real food for the win - I couldn't agree more.
                Love the lovebirds
                Hi Annie. Welcome. The name's Alex by the way, short for Alexandra.

So do I. <3

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                It's about time you started on of these! lol
                You're just hoping I won't litter yours anymore from now on... not a chance Doc...

Comment

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                  Getting me a barge on as well.....

Hell or High Water is a BSC gem, seen they a couple of times, they rock, I like this one off that album as well....
                  Hi there... another good choice... we seem to share at least the same taste in music... if not more... but let's not go there... being a good girl for now... LOL

Comment

Litter away dear... litter away.... lol

Comment

You're welcome...

Comment

It's about time you started on of these! lol http://www.tykeanimal.com

Comment

Comment

oops, look like you have been spammed!... lol

Comment

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              oops, look like you have been spammed!... lol
                              Not the kind of barging in I had in mind...

Comment

Working...
                              X