No announcement yet.

Fibromyalgia and Fat - Tomi's story

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! Great news tomi! 😉 I know how you feel too!! Where it hasn't been 7 years for me it has been several. I really need to do a better job of taking my probiotics. I know you girls keep talking about kombucha but it just sounds utterly disgusting to me! I wish I could taste some. Does it come premade in a bottle? Maybe at the health food store?

May take longer but i'll just have to stick to blueberries (supposed to be very healing for the intestines) & probiotics. And my primal diet of course.
    Goal: Don't worry be happy!

Comment

• Originally posted by theprimalcajun View Post
      Wow! Great news tomi! �� I know how you feel too!! Where it hasn't been 7 years for me it has been several. I really need to do a better job of taking my probiotics. I know you girls keep talking about kombucha but it just sounds utterly disgusting to me! I wish I could taste some. Does it come premade in a bottle? Maybe at the health food store?

May take longer but i'll just have to stick to blueberries (supposed to be very healing for the intestines) & probiotics. And my primal diet of course.
      My problem has been chronic diarrhea for 7 years! -- well, maybe not 7 now that I think about it. But hey - after 5 what does it matter?

Kombucha is wonderful! You can buy it bottled in the health food refrigerated section of most grocery stores. I drink a bottle every day! I'm sure that's what is healing my gut issues. That and the probiotic I take every day. My favorites are Gingerade and Cosmic Cranberry YUMMY!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Is there a particular brand that is really good...& that you prefer?

Comment

• I've been tempted by it, but I hate sweet tea. How sweet is it?
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

• Hi there! Like Pebbles journal, I haven't had time to completely catch up on yours but wanted to come say hello..I am trying to get back in the thick of it I do get the whole losing it and eating junk...Hell I can't give up potatoes..Everything else no problem..potatoes are like crack! So don't feel bad...just keep moving!!
            You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
            height 5'3
            SW 215 lbs
            CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
            LW 172 lbs
            GW 125ish lbs

Comment

Is there a particular brand that is really good...& that you prefer?
              I've only tried 2 brands - I think some are more tart than others. But I like GTs.

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              I've been tempted by it, but I hate sweet tea. How sweet is it?
              It isn't sweet at all --- its tart! and it doesn't even taste like tea. You have to try it!

Originally posted by valmason01 View Post
              Hi there! Like Pebbles journal, I haven't had time to completely catch up on yours but wanted to come say hello..I am trying to get back in the thick of it I do get the whole losing it and eating junk...Hell I can't give up potatoes..Everything else no problem..potatoes are like crack! So don't feel bad...just keep moving!!
              Hey Val! we've missed you around here! Whats wrong with potatoes? I eat them all the time. Just not in "chip" or "fry" form!
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• This morning I drank my FIRST cup of coffee in about 3 years - and I didn't get an acid stomach or even a tummy ache!!!

Feeling HEALED!
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• Missed y'all too! The problem w/ potatoes is carbs. Well that and chips. For 'fries' I cut them up and bake them with olive oil but chips...damn chips. Yea on your coffee!!! That is awesome!
                  You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
                  height 5'3
                  SW 215 lbs
                  CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
                  LW 172 lbs
                  GW 125ish lbs

Comment

• The coffee did result in a bowel flush............ but no pain!
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• Congratulations on the happy guts! Yayyy!

GT Synergy kombucha is my favorite, guys, and Whole30 approved.
                      My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 43
                      Goal BF%: 20

Comment

• Thanks for the suggestions...so what exactly is kombucha? Is it a food? A drink? I guess I'm late to the party here...I haven't been paying much attention...when y'all start growing slimy things in glass jars my eyes glaze over & I zone out. Shudder! lol

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions...so what exactly is kombucha? Is it a food? A drink? I guess I'm late to the party here...I haven't been paying much attention...when y'all start growing slimy things in glass jars my eyes glaze over & I zone out. Shudder! lol
                          GT's Kombucha

its yummy............. but a bit pricey!! $3.29 for 16 oz at Fred Meyers (Krogers)
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• Well I will look for some next grocery shopping trip & try a bottle. So which ones do y'all like the best?

Comment

• Well, I bought some kombucha. I liked it. It is expensive. Guess I'll have to look into making my own. For now, I will drink 1/2 a bottle a day.
                              Primal since 9/24/2010
                              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I haven't tried the ones with the Chia seeds -- just looks gross. I've tried several and haven't found one yet that I don't like.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion

Comment

Working...
                                X