• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorgeous.
    Female back to the basics: 5-2017
    CW: 2017: 150
    GW: 130 a dream, I know
    Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Oh wow, breathtaking white cap. Lovely photo.
      “Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good”. - Popular translation of Voltaire

If you are honest with your lacks, BE honest with your abundance, as well.

"....the route finding part, and dead reckoning - figure out where I need to be and how to get there, then stay on target as I move over the land and through the forest."
      - Originally Posted by Meant2Move

Comment

• Huh. randomly found this video of my two current favourite things - NZ scenery, and tap dancing, a crazy combo but looks like fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9srctWhD1k

Tap class tonight was super fun, as usual looking forward to tramping tomorrow. It's cold, so hopefully we will have some snow. I have my crampons ready just in case.
        My first journal - http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/for...mal-highlights

Comment

• Some folks are too creative for words! Very nice indeed.

I used to clog and miss it. Lost my group when I went back to college as an older student.
          Female back to the basics: 5-2017
          CW: 2017: 150
          GW: 130 a dream, I know
          Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Spectacular sunny day in the snow today. Clear and cool, boots squeaking on the snow, glad to have my poles on the icy patches but no real need for my crampons and ice axe. View for miles.

Comment

• Love a good view!
              M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
              - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• You've got a bit of competition photo wise A, yours are always cracking, but have a quick look over at Honeybuns journal for some stunners....

Comment

• Nice view, indeed.
                  How curious is that vid! What a fit and tribute to the love of tap and wilderness.
                  “Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good”. - Popular translation of Voltaire

"....the route finding part, and dead reckoning - figure out where I need to be and how to get there, then stay on target as I move over the land and through the forest."

Comment

• Glad I photographed these icicles this week, since then we've had so much rain that not only will they be washed away but our town's sewerage system is overloaded, the central city is closed, the roads north and south are closed and the airport not operating. Here at home I'm safe and dry. In fact I was indoors all day oblivious to the havoc going on outside, I just thought it was normal rain

Comment

• Gorgeous pics as always.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Yesterday, I saw my daughter overcome by violent stomach cramps, just a short time after she ate a shop-bought cupcake.

Disclaimer: I did not supply this item, in fact it was the kind of thing I would screw my nose up at and wish she wouldn't eat. However, I would never have expected her to suffer such a strong reaction, and it was quite disturbing to me. Of course it may be coincidence but she really did look and feel dreadful for a moment there. Thankfully she bounced back to normal quite quickly.

On the plus side, I had been out all day and when I got home my darling husband had cooked balinese chicken and fresh vegetables! I was so delighted. He said he wanted to give us a home cooked meal as we had had takeaways the night before. That was so sweet, because he knew it would please me, he's the kind who would eat take aways at the drop of a hat, for me they're only a last resort. Happy

Comment

• Lovely way to show love. ;]

Comment

• Ooh, how nasty for your daughter. Has she made the association between the two, might she be more careful for the future?

Your husband is a keeper, just like mine. How thoughtful

Comment

• Yep, definitely keeping husband. And daughter too, as long as possible. I don't know if she will deny herself cupcakes in future, she's apparently eaten these before without consequences. So I dunno, but if it happens again I think she would make the connection.

Yesterday's tramp was the best ever - I know I thought that last week, but since then there has been dreadful weather, cold and wet, and then Tuesday dawned clear and bright with the bush dressed in fresh soft snow. It was gorgeous. It was windy and the road was closed anyway so we did a lower level tramp, it felt like we were walking through a Christmas card or children's fairy tale picture book.

In tap dancing, I am making progress!! It is very exciting, for a while I wondered if I was kidding myself but I have committed to extra practice between lessons and it is paying off. My legs are noticeably growing stronger and I can now manage three pistol squats on each leg (still very weak and clumsy form, but I think they are helping my tapping).

My arms are also strong, despite not working them regularly. We were sitting under a handrail and using it as a pull-up bar I was able to lift my whole bodyweight. I even surprised myself.

Tomorrow I must air the house, pork crackling makes a smokey mess.
                              Last edited by Annieh; 06-24-2015, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• Snow - having trouble wrapping my brain around that as we are in a heat wave. Lovely though. Go you on the strength gains!
                                M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
                                - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

Working...
                                X