Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never ever faced such inefficient, incompetent, health "care" services in all my entire existence 'til now. I've yet to see anyone who can tell me how much my damn ankle /foot is damaged. A month will have passed before an orthopedic doctor will even look at it.

I was put on a volatile, sensitive medication and I can't get the Doc's office to send me to a lab near me for extremely important blood work. The 1st location I was given didn't even exist. This Laboratory company has over 30 locations, 2 of which are closer to me than the one they insist I go to. How is one lab "location" contracted to one doctor's office when the Lab company has many available???

To see results of my blood levels I have to wait a
    g%$*@mn week after testing and results to see if I am over or under safe levels. I should be tested once a week as this is first time on it. I want off this shitty health care system.

Seriously, F# me and this situation I'm in.
    “Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good”. - Popular translation of Voltaire

If you are honest with your lacks, BE honest with your abundance, as well.

"....the route finding part, and dead reckoning - figure out where I need to be and how to get there, then stay on target as I move over the land and through the forest."
    - Originally Posted by Meant2Move

Comment

• Today, a dear friend gave me a ride to the seedy part of Los Angeles for a blood draw. The Laboratory has 30 plus sites, 2 near me, and this dr. sends me to the farthest one. The nurse, stuck me with the needle, didn't bother to tape the damn thing to my arm and MOVED the needle every time she put a vial on it. It seems that the poorer you are the less you're treated with dignity. Just, have had enough.

I stopped googling my condition. It's too anxiety-provoking. The edema around my ankle and on the surface of my foot is still there. It doesn't hurt, but, it's concerning because all the signs of slowed flow from clot are there. I can't wait til this is over.......
      “Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good”. - Popular translation of Voltaire

"....the route finding part, and dead reckoning - figure out where I need to be and how to get there, then stay on target as I move over the land and through the forest."

Comment

• HFF....so sorry for your worries. Glad a friend helped you out with a ride.
        Female back to the basics: 5-2017
        CW: 2017: 150
        GW: 130 a dream, I know
        Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• I am so sorry for all that you are going through. Blood clots are darn scary, and anything that keeps you from walking - well, that is just such a shame. And to be compounded by the terrible health services. I just don't understand how or why anyone supports our current dysfunctional health care system. We the people must rise up one of these days and insist on something more. OK, that is about as political as I'm going to get, but it is so very, very wrong that people cannot get adequate care and that one can be driven into bankruptcy by a need for medical services.

So, hugs to you, and keep keeping on. Drink plenty of fluids, and elevate that foot.
          M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
          - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• Thanks everyone.
            I am trying to stay positive. Enduring more like it. Have had friends come up to help and I am appreciative. But, still my plants are dying in the yard for lack of attention. My nice herb planter looks pretty bad. Have to admire the petunias for their toughness and blooms despite crap conditions. Makes me frustrated.
            Made tuna salad, no problem standing and I can put some weight on the heel to distribute my weight better. Much needed because the good side is straining a bit with the lopsided crutch walk. Then I began to feel weak, and slightly hot. I felt I would fall if I didn't sit down. All I can think of is hypoglycemia?? I've dropped the carbs quite a bit over the last 2 weeks. Maybe body is adjusting, dunno. Another concern.

Comment

• HFF, still thinking of you.

A new forum has started up, I'd like to invite you to join a bunch of us are posting over there now in preference to here.

http://primalforums.forumotion.com
              My first journal - http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/for...mal-highlights

Comment

• oh poo

Comment

Working...
                X