• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <<clapping hands>> <<clapping paws>>

Welcome home Val.
    Female back to the basics: 5-2017
    CW: 2017: 150
    GW: 130 a dream, I know
    Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Just take good care of yourself. Stay out of the horsepital.
      Finally have given up on MDA Forum.
      My friends, I'll see ya at primalforums.com where I'm user #4, and we do have a moderator.

Comment

• Thank you! t is so good to be home! My WBC shot up to 10,000 and my neutrophils hit the magical number of 500. They have a ways to go to be normal but I just need to be careful. I am laying on the couch, full and happy.

My now former PCP did not really give discharge instructions except to follow up with my oncologist and called in two prescriptions for antibiotics the infectious disease doc wanted me to have. But she only gave me three days worth. The ID doc said she wanted me to do 10 days of outpatient antibiotics but my PCP subtracted days of inpatient antibiotics from that because she thought it excessive. Fortunately the ID doc stopped by before I left and gave an additional prescription to cover the whole time. On the plus side, I have learned a lot about neutrophils. I see the oncologist on Monday or Tuesday for follow up blood work.

My diet needs to be low residue and germaphobic, so need to figure out what will work best for me. Nothing raw, nothing fermented, nothing too fibrous. Other than avoiding sugar, I am not going to worry about carbs too much but we naturally eat fairly low carb.

Comment

• So nice to see that you're back home again. Could not get into my MDA account to respond earlier. Safe internet hugs.
          "Don't sweat the small stuff and relax about the whole process"

Comment

• So glad you’re roaring back and HOME!
            My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• I am not sure I am roaring back but I am trying. Six days confined to a small room and everything else has left me pretty weak. My sister and her husband are coming on Tuesday for a quick visit so I am doing what I can to get the house ready. E has taken on all of the shopping duties this week and so far all of the cooking.

I am off work at least this next week, so hopefully that will help me get back to normal quicker. I have been having wonderful and healthy meals, so I have a good foundation to build on. Trying to keep mentally positive but there have been moments of darkness and fear.

I hope everyone has (or had) an amazing Sunday!

Comment

• So glad you have some more time to recover, and lots of healthy food to eat. We all know that E can handle the food requirements!
                My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• +1
                  Finally have given up on MDA Forum.
                  My friends, I'll see ya at primalforums.com where I'm user #4, and we do have a moderator.

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving!

I am feeling much better today! I am still building my stamina up but woke up feeling much more of my perky self! E and I are having a quiet dinner here since I did not think I would be up to a three hour car ride. Even feeling better, it would have been tough on me. We got a heritage turkey from a local butcher, who also raised it. I am looking forward to trying and seeing if it is better than your average organic turkey. It smells divine!

My sister and BIL drove up from D.C. on Tuesday. They are visiting my niece down there. It was a great visit! They got to meet E for the first time and loved him. Of course. He made us all an amazing meal too.

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving, Val and E. Enjoy the day.
                      Female 55
                      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Glad to read you're home and onto nutrifying with good food and recovery.
                        “Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good”. - Popular translation of Voltaire

If you are honest with your lacks, BE honest with your abundance, as well.

"....the route finding part, and dead reckoning - figure out where I need to be and how to get there, then stay on target as I move over the land and through the forest."
                        - Originally Posted by Meant2Move

Comment

• Wow, had to sift through pages of junk posts to find your journal. Been offline for a while.

So very, very pleased that you have been released, are home, and eating well (popped into E's journal for food details). Hugs!
                          M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
                          - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• Please come join us at primalforums.com. Miss you Val.
                            Female back to the basics: 5-2017
                            CW: 2017: 150
                            GW: 130 a dream, I know
                            Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

Working...
                            X