No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• less carbs = more sugar cravings

Hi all,
    I tend to eat lower carb,do IF for 14-18hours I am pretty active and during the last two weeks I eat a lot (healthy food) and crave sugar in its most beautiful shape: chocolate (-ice cream). About every second day in the evening, I feel like needing to reload. Why? More energy needed, meaning carbs? Could there be an underlying need of micros? Is IF not the right way for me?
    And the skin under my arms is itching. I wish the reason would be sugar seriously: can skin react?
    Any initial/additional thoughts? I have got so e ideas of the cause but really like to read what you think to clear up my mind.
    Thanks
    Last edited by gergirl; 04-30-2015, 11:48 AM.

What are you eating?

I thought you where vegetarian sort of, or am I thinking of a different poster....

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
      What are you eating?

I thought you where vegetarian sort of, or am I thinking of a different poster....
      I am!
      I eat veggies, nuts, frutis, different kinds of oil, lupine, sometimes tofu, one egg/day, gluten free (pseudo) grains (not too much), sometimes legumes, no dairy, no fish, sometimes whole grain bread, avoid wheat. Yes, and chocolate and chocolate granola. No crisps or sth like that.

Comment

Ok....well I honestly dont know how one can be both vegetarian and low carb. To me those two things simply don't mesh very well. You really do have to get your energy from somewhere. Usually in the low carb arena that means animal fat becomes your primary energy source. In your situation I imagine it would take a rather large proportion of olive and coconut oil to make up the difference. Even at that I'm not so sure. Those sort of skin issues are associated with low calorie dieting, fatty acid imbalances, and some vitamin deficiencies (one being vitamin A). Do you feel like you are consuming enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
          Ok....well I honestly dont know how one can be both vegetarian and low carb. To me those two things simply don't mesh very well. You really do have to get your energy from somewhere. Usually in the low carb arena that means animal fat becomes your primary energy source. In your situation I imagine it would take a rather large proportion of olive and coconut oil to make up the difference. Even at that I'm not so sure. Those sort of skin issues are associated with low calorie dieting, fatty acid imbalances, and some vitamin deficiencies (one being vitamin A). Do you feel like you are consuming enough?
          Basically yes, because of the eggs.
          You are certainly right that from a certain activity level on it is hard to go lower carb and being vegetarian. Fats should be in check, sources are diverseand I have coconut oil on a daily basis. I take fish oil 5x/ week. I do not think Iam too low cal, I sometkmes count and end up eating 2500-2800 per day. Sometimes less bjt seldomly under 1800.

Comment

Working...
          X