Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Caton View Post
    The best I've used (and still do) is Magnesium Oil, applied underarms, along the spine and behind the knees. It raises magnesium levels and relieves any muscular or joint pains that one might have. It also is an effective natural deodorant.

If one wants an oral supplement, magnesium malate (1250 mg) works well. But, no oral supplement works as well as transdermally absorbed magnesium oil. No loose stools with magnesium oil, either.

To avoid the relatively high cost of magnesium oil, you can make your own by bringing distilled water to a boil, turning off the heat and immediately adding an equal volume of magnesium chloride crystals. Stir until crystals are dissolved, let cool and then bottle. A pint lasts me a couple of months.
    Are you putting the Mg oil on the muscles/joints that hurt or just the areas you mentioned?

Comment

Originally posted by vb66 View Post
      Are you putting the Mg oil on the muscles/joints that hurt or just the areas you mentioned?
      Well, since going Primal 15 months ago, I never have joint pain anymore and muscular soreness only exists following too much strenuous work, so I just apply magnesium oil to the areas I mentioned where lymph nodes are and major nerves traverse.

But, if anyone has joint/muscular pain, magnesium oil is said to relieve such.
      Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
      Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

M. Malate is my fave, Source Naturals is brand name. Really gives me energy with no side effects. I take it with low dose vit. K2, Life Extension brand.

Comment

Why limit yourself to a favorite? Generally recommended forms include malate, citrate, glycinate, taurate, and transdermal Mg chloride (oil.) There are others. Some forms are not recommended so much (oxide). Search Dave Asprey's podcast for John Brisson for a nice summary. The Brisson review even appears in some Amazon reviews of various mg supplements. Rotate, alternate, skip a while, just monitor your response and don't go way overboard. It can take months to restore adequate supplies. Dr Carolyn Dean also has this as a major focus including her book, 'The Magnesium Miracle.' Good luck!

Comment

Good advice, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Urja View Post
              Also worth mentioning epsom salts (magnesium sulphate) and magnesium chloride as bath salts. Very relaxing and a great way to get magnesium - I believe the chloride is more effective.
              I agree with you here. Trying an epsom or pink himalayan sea salt to your bath soak will be a great solution to detox your body and fill it with useful minerals. In Pink Himalayan Salt, they are enriched with 84 minerals easily absorbed by your body. It helps detox your body through balancing systemic PH, good hydration, balances blood sugar, blood pressure, and even improves sleep. I can really say that Pink Himalayan Bath Salt from Pink Detox is great.

Comment

Working...
              X