Ad Widget

Collapse

What would happen if I kept up THIS diet for a while...?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would happen if I kept up THIS diet for a while...?

I weigh 160 lbs...
    Thinking about cutting out grains AND pseudo-grains completely and trying a new diet, but was curious to hear what others think about the diet.. And if anyone could tell me if it's an "okay" or "acceptable" diet, that would be helpful too! As I've consistently read that carbs should make up the most of your diet, and not proteins. Would go like this:

160 Grams of Grass-Fed Meat
    130 Carbs Made up of Only Vegetables
    60 Grams of Fat Mainly from Olive Oil or Avocados

2600 Total Calories (on-average)

Would I be correct in assuming that high intake of protein in the long-term could prove to be detrimental?
    Please share your opinions, and feel free to tell me your honest thoughts and what could go wrong. Thank you!

That does not seem to add up to 2600 calories. Also, 160 grams of meat is a small amount. It's just over a third of a pound.
    My opinions and some justification

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
      160 Grams of Grass-Fed Meat
      130 Carbs Made up of Only Vegetables
      60 Grams of Fat Mainly from Olive Oil or Avocados[/B]
      2600 Total Calories (on-average)
      PB doesn't require extreme protein, most folks find it self-regulates to 8~16 oz of various animal foods in a day. Maybe start there then add more if you need help with athletics or appetite. Include eggs, seafood, organs.

If "vegetables" excludes starches you'll never reach 130g carbohydrate (gut can't fit 10+ pounds). It's possible the glucose in low-energy vegetables can't achieve the concentration to leave the gut so I would measure carbohydrate as pounds of tuber & fruit only (130g would be about 1 pound of each).

Olives and avocados are groovy, though your protein will also have accompanying fat. Normal amounts of both are good.
      37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Even if you mean 160g of protein from meat that's still way under 2000 calories. If you really do mean 160g of meat, I eat more than that every meal!

Comment

Personally I would be starving eating that quantity...and it definitely doesn't add up to 2600!

Comment

More protein and more fat and this, "cutting out grains AND pseudo-grains completely", will make you more awesome.

Comment

Agree with above.
              Please read and familiarize yourself with the PB 101 stuff off the Start Here tab. Don't jump in blind doing a random shot approach.
              Finally have given up on MDA Forum.
              My friends, I'll see ya at primalforums.com where I'm user #4, and we do have a moderator.

Comment

Originally posted by ZipZap View Post
                And if anyone could tell me if it's an "okay" or "acceptable" diet, that would be helpful too!
                Hey there, I'm originally from Seattle.

Yeah, this is basically my "meat and veggie" diet, been on it for years, blood numbers and everything look great.

Comment

are you male or female? what are your goals?

do you mean 160 gms of protein? like, not by weight, but by total protein gms? many on here eat that or more easily. add some fish, organs and eggs into your mix.

130 gms of non-starchy veg is an insane amount of vegetable matter. allow some fruits and starchy veg in there.
                  As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
                  X