Ad Widget

Collapse

Stainless vs Non-stick? Why would you NOT always use Non-stick?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bazzz View Post
    I can see how that would work.

How about cheesy scrambled eggs, my breakfast of choice? We've got a couple of cast-iron skillets, but I wouldn't use them for my scrambled eggs.
    No, not even cheese would stick in the pans I had. The only thing that would stick a little was herbs and dried spices at high searing heat. Even that cleaned up easily with a quick soak in plain hot water.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by twa2w View Post
      Yes but too much iron can also be an issue.
      Better than too much teflon.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzz View Post
        I can see how that would work.

How about cheesy scrambled eggs, my breakfast of choice? We've got a couple of cast-iron skillets, but I wouldn't use them for my scrambled eggs.
        I make cheesy scrambled eggs in cast iron all the time... with minimal clean up. Well seasoned (and THAT is the key) cast iron is the original non-stick pan....

Comment

Our cast iron pans are Lodge, and the only thing I don't like about them is the sand texture. The cast iron pans of my youth were milled smooth. So, I attacked one of our pans with a flap disc grinder and an orbital sander until it was smooth as glass. Then I seasoned it using the flax oil method. Perfection!

Comment

Yeah, I have a Lodge cast iron too. Not smooth enough!

Comment

Working...
            X