Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Man;1635489]Eat what you want, but with full awareness that some foods are just better than others.
    'Zactly correct.
    I'm not giving up the rice on my Chipotle burrito bowl. But I'm not having a Coke/Pepsi and a bag of tater chips to go with it, nor will I then head over to Cheesecake Factory for a slice of some wildly tasty dessert.

Primal is a pretty forgiving eating style, and I found that by strictly adhering to the guidelines for a month or so that my cravings for pizza, soft drinks, bagels, cheesecake, cakes, et al went away. Now a bowl of Graeter's Chocolate Raspberry ice cream -- that's a whole 'nother thing that must be occasionally indulged, but managed to comply with my "20".
    Finally have given up on MDA Forum.
    My friends, I'll see ya at primalforums.com where I'm user #4, and we do have a moderator.

Comment

I found that by strictly adhering to the guidelines for a month or so that my cravings for pizza, soft drinks, bagels, cheesecake, cakes, et al went away.
      For me, that all stopped at first, then came back as time went on. About 18 months in, when I upped my fitness activities, all the sudden I wanted all the junk.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
      Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

To me, it depends on what the 20% are when cheating..
        My "cheats" are foods, which belong into the category of healthy for other people, but regarding paleo they are just less good than others or cheating is actually eating more than normal of the good things.

Cheating makes some foods even more interesting.Write down how you feel after your cheats and you will see that you often feel bad, not deeply satisfied and you have kind of guilty feeling afterwards, trying to eat "perfect" or less the next day...I know what I am talking about.
        Last edited by gergirl; 08-13-2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

mags, totally agree. we are all a work in progress and i don't mean to suggest otherwise. finding one's personal balance is what matters most rather than trying to shoehorn one's self into another template.

i think primal is pretty forgiving in this aspect and see no issue with noobs simply following the pb, for at least 30 days, staying off these damn boards and away from hacks and extremes. then assess. often little things need to fall into place, like i know if my protein is low, or i am sleep-deprived, i often crave sweets. my body doesn't really want candy, but needs fuel. it takes a while to decode sometimes and needs change over time too. but i recognize body signals now and that's a cue the average person doesn't heed. and if somebody winds up face-first in nachos and a pitcher every saturday he or she isn't paying attention either.

that kind of shit-eating is easier to get away with when you are young, but wreaks cumulative havoc.
          As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Working...
          X