No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlic vs. Candida

Hi everybody,
    I wish to use garlic to help lower the amount of candida in my gut. However, I need advice on how best to use it for that purpose. Should it be fresh and raw? Baked? Boiled? Would the powdered seasoning sold in the grocery store be effective? How much do I need to take for how long to resolve the problem? Does garlic lose effectiveness if taken with undecylenic acid, coconut oil, or oil of oregano? Thanks!

Fresh and raw. Dose/length of treatment depends on the extent of the problem. Have you had any tests done?

Just peel a clove, slice it in half, and chug it down with a glass of water. You'll probably have intense garlic breath

I don't think those other things would limit the effectiveness of it. They all have different types of acids that work well against fungus.
    Depression Lies

Comment

Hi Nameless,
      Thanks for your information. If I mix the fresh clove with tuna, lettuce, and olive oil, will that dilute its impact? Chugging garlic sounds pretty intimidating!

Comment

I don't know if this is at all based on any science, but someone told me a really good natural antibiotic for stuff like candida is 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp coconut oil, 1 raw garlic clove, bit of fresh ginger and a squeeze of lime juice. You are supposed to take it on an empty stomach in the morning. Certainly some of those foods do have an anti bacterial effect so perhaps the combination is worth trying?

Comment

Chugging garlic isn't so bad, I've done it a few times. I think eating it solo would be better, but your guess is as good as mine.

Urja, I suspect the honey is for taste in that combination, but it sounds like a pretty powerful combination.
          Depression Lies

Comment

Actually honey is a well known antibacterial and has been used to treat wounds and stomach problems for a long time. Quite a lot of research on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Urja View Post
              Actually honey is a well known antibacterial and has been used to treat wounds and stomach problems for a long time. Quite a lot of research on it.
              Thanks Urja. If I use pasteurized honey, as opposed to raw/unpasteurized honey, will I still get the same anti-microbial benefit?

Comment

Working...
              X