No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5'4" and 175lbs? GO GRRRRL !!.

Comment

not sure what on earth that means so not sure how to respond ...

It ain't a good thing. I was 132lb my whole life (except when pregnant or losing weight after pregnancy) until a doctor I trusted recommended too much of a certain hormone for me, and I gained 40lb in 4 months.
      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

GO GRRRL You'll be back before you know it
        How many months have you been on Paleo and what have the results been?

Comment

Look at my join date. Check out my journal. If you hadn't been such a stubborn troll on the ss pot thread, I might take you seriously. If you are seriously & genuinely interested in a dialogue, I'm happy to oblige!

I've been on an ancestral foods way-of-eating-and-living for 8 years, mostly primal/paleo/PHD for the last 6, and have had a huge number of health advances along the way, ranging from losing the terminally-inflamed-nose I never knew I had (thus gaining 5 notes on my vocal range and becoming a soprano) to eliminating chronic severe fat malabsorption and all signs of the autoimmune disease that is so dormant docs can't figure out what it is, despite all the women in my family being incapacitated by their AIDs.
          5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
          Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
          Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
          Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
          ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
            You're right, pregnancy is seen as a disease state, to be prevented with a pill, extracted with surgery when unwanted, and managed with every intervention when allowed to progress.

It doesn't seem like there are as many people on this forum as there used to be, but if others were interested, we could have a thread about primal living/parenting. Not to debate it, or the merits or demerits of any modern methods, but to answer questions and offer support. So many don't know, for instance, the first thing about natural pregnancy care, natural birth, "ecological" breastfeeding (the kind that results in natural child spacing of 3 years), natural baby care, natural hygiene (no, you don't stink!), natural healthcare, all to complement the discussions here which are primarily focused on natural diet & natural fitness.

And just like Mark so often points out, it's not about living like Grok so much as learning the principles that benefited Grok the most and applying them to the modern lifestyle as much as is reasonably possible/desirable in a given situation to meet our individual goals of health & happiness.
            It would be great to see such a thread even though I have no kids. I'm already really curious about the 3 years gap that you are talking about. Is it about exclusively breastfeeding with self weaning and not feeding any pureed food to your baby?

Comment

Working...
            X