Ad Widget

Collapse

Doing high fat, low carb diet. Will one meal of high fat + carbs derail me?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing high fat, low carb diet. Will one meal of high fat + carbs derail me?

Im doing pretty much steak and eggs. I eat once a day and usually about 1.5 pounds of steak, or hamburger, plus some fish sometimes, and 6-8 eggs and butter. every meal a bit of leafy greens and occasionally cheese and avocados.

I dont do the cheat day as ive never got a definitive answer as to whether per the plan you eat your normal meals of steak and eggs in addition to a bunch of carbs or forgo the meat and eggs.

things have been going well and i was wondering if doing a meal of about 20oz steak, 4 eggs, butter then some strawberries, canataloup and a small apricot total of 60g carbs or less would derail me? also i was experimenting in the kitchen earlier and made a small bread loaf with protein powder, egg whites, and zucchini.

should i do it or just stick to whats working.

Do whatever works for you until it stop working then adjust or change…
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

From my younger days of doing Atkins(ketogenic) I recall it taking approximately 48 hours to enter/re-enter ketosis so if you have enough carbs to throw you out of ketosis you will have a couple days of "derailment". It's not really a big deal or anything to worry about in my experience(and I have a lot) if you get right back on track. It's the same with any way of eating you choose. You can't stress about a "bad" day once in a while as long as you don't make a habit of it. Do the best you can and don't beat yourself up over a meal/day off every now and then. It might actually be beneficial in the long run.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes Gorbag is correct. If it works continue. If it does not, after a few weeks, try something new.
        https://instagram.com/dinnerwithek/

Comment

What tends to work, is a diet which gives a slight calorie deficit, and which you can maintain happily.
          https://instagram.com/dinnerwithek/

Comment

most people remain in ketosis under 50 gms of carbs, so 60 isn't much more. if you are active, you may stay in ketosis at 100 gms. i don't know if you are male or female, but too much protein can also kick you out of ketosis.
            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

It works until it doesn't, after that, change it. I have done the steak and eggs before, but I usually had done it across 2 meals. Never actually thought to cram that much beef and eggs down in 1 meal. You find that works well?

Comment

Working...
              X