X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wilberfan
    started a topic New to me: Acai Bowl?

New to me: Acai Bowl?

I'm late to THIS particular trend. Just had a tweet pop-up that said there was a new restaurant in my berg serving these. "The World's Best Healthy Breakfast"?

Isnt' it essentially a Carb Delivery System? Is this hype, or am I missing something?

• Silvergirl
    replied
    My daughter introduced me to it as one of her favourite things. I liked it actually, and it didn't cause me any problems/inflammation, which a lot of things do. So it was handy to get in a pinch.

Leave a comment:

• sharperhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by wilberfan View Post
    Isnt' it essentially a Carb Delivery System?
    About 70% of its calories are from fat.

Here is the real reason to look elsewhere: "Here in the U.S., acai berries come not as a whole fruit, but as frozen puree." Why bother with imported frozen puree when you can get many other kinds of delicious whole berries from local growers?

Leave a comment:

• John Caton
    replied
    Originally posted by wilberfan View Post
    I'm late to THIS particular trend. Just had a tweet pop-up that said there was a new restaurant in my berg serving these. "The World's Best Healthy Breakfast"?

Isnt' it essentially a Carb Delivery System? Is this hype, or am I missing something?
    It's hype to a degree. I prefer local, seasonal berries, but acai certainly has some antioxidant value and I wouldn't ignore them. But, I don't see acai as the superfood the hype suggests.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X