Ad Widget

Collapse

If i dont have a cow milk allergy would i be allergic to sheeps milk?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If i dont have a cow milk allergy would i be allergic to sheeps milk?

Just wondering?

Originally posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    Just wondering?
    Impossible to answer by anyone but you. Allergies are very personal to one's own conditions. Just on the face of things, if I had no allergies to cow's milk and wanted to try sheep's milk, then I'd try it to see if I liked it and if i were allergic. If I were allergic to cow's milk, I'd probably do the same thing and then I'd know.
    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

sheep and goat milk are lower in casein than cow, so people often tolerate those better, but it's very individual.
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Are you allergic to lamb? If not, sheep milk may be ok, but why? Sheep milk is very high in fat to raise a lamb and wean it in 3 months. When raising orphan lambs, I had to double the fat content to make them thrive. Evaporated milk mixed with standard milk saved the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Paysan View Post
          Are you allergic to lamb? If not, sheep milk may be ok, but why? Sheep milk is very high in fat to raise a lamb and wean it in 3 months. When raising orphan lambs, I had to double the fat content to make them thrive. Evaporated milk mixed with standard milk saved the day.
          nah I was only asking because I was given some manchego cheese and i am very hesitant to try new foods as ive been hit with a whack of sudden food allergies the past couple of years. I handle cow milk/cheese/cream/etc and goat cheese gives me no problem i was just wondering if they were genetically similar that i shouldnt worry about trying the cheese.

Comment

Cheese is a different animal from milk, and the process of turning milk into cheese causes chemical reactions that make cheese easier to handle for allergic people. However, species similarity can fool you. As John and Noodle said, it's how YOU react that counts. If you can handle small amounts, don't go on a binge, only to find that dose makes the poison. Leave 5 days between, and you can likely finish the whole cheese safely.

Comment

Working...
            X