Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm DONE with nuts and yogurt.

NUTS = FAT BOMB. I can't control portion.
    I eat handful after handful...It NEVER fills me up. I just keep eating.
    I can eat nuts all day long....DONE!!
    I NEEED A NEW SNACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    One that won't make me sick
    One that won't make me crash my car
    Or make me feel three feet thick

Yogurt = SUGAR BOMB.
    Yes, even PLAIN is like a Snicker's BAR.
    SNICKERS = 20g.
    YOGURT = 12g for 6 oz (LOLZ) I always eat 12oz EASY
    I'm better off eating Snickers

I've had the same problem, lately with raw peanuts...

My strategy has been to weigh myself every morning as a motivator, and I usually have 1 to 2 servings of Mark's Primal Fuel during the day. I've lost 15 pounds since the beginning of April, but have been stuck at 190 since the beginning of July.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSkeptic View Post
      NUTS = FAT BOMB. I can't control portion.
      I eat handful after handful...It NEVER fills me up. I just keep eating.
      I can eat nuts all day long....DONE!!

Yogurt = SUGAR BOMB.
      SNICKERS = 20g.
      If you can't help binging on nuts and yogurt (even plain), you may wonder whether you have an ED.
      In any case, comparing yogurt and Snickers bars because of carb content is nonsensical, you know that don't you ?

Comment

The numbers don't lie.
        I can endlessly eat multiple bowlfulls of yogurt, but 1 snicker's bar does the trick.
        The latter is LESS sugar..

Comment

A good "snack" is hardboiled eggs. Boil them, then just stash 'em in your fridge. I like truffle salt on mine. Plus they are sugar free.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Love your riff on these lyrics - loved the song back in the day!!

Comment

lots of people have portion control issues with nuts. stop buying them.

are you eating enough at meals? especially protein? you shouldn't need to snack all day.
              As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSkeptic View Post
                Yogurt = SUGAR BOMB.
                SNICKERS = 20g.
                Your comparisons are not really valid.

The "sugar" content of yogurt is lactose, whereas the sugar content of Snickers is sucrose or high fructose corn syrup. The lactose is 1/2 glucose and the sucrose is also 1/2 glucose. The remaining 1/2 of sucrose is fructose. Same is true for HFCS. The remaining 1/2 of lactose is galactose. The glucose portions of each will increase insulin, but the Snickers will also send a flood of fructose to the liver which is likely to be converted to fat in the liver. Therein lies the difference between your choices.

You will derive a probiotic benefit from the yogurt. You will derive inflammatory Omega-6 PUFA from the Snickers. Take your pick.
                Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
                Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Yoghurt is gross, what about cheese or cottage cheese instead. More protein = more satisfying. Or eggs, as already suggested. Or cold meat such as chicken nibbles.

If still tending towards the Snickers, what about plain dark chocolate?
                  My first journal - http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/for...mal-highlights

Comment

Can you explain what "You will derive a probiotic benefit from the yogurt." means ?

Comment

Don't even get me started on CHEESE.
                      I can eat CHEESE all day long....
                      I buy a pack of sliced Swiss cheese.
                      I eat the ENTIRE THING, on slice at a time.

Comment

You can always make your own yogurt at home. It will taste better and you can control what's in it. It's also very easy to do.

However, as another poster said, you might have more of a problem if you are constantly snacking. You should address that instead then you won't binge eat on finger foods like nuts and cheese.

Thanks for the Huey Lewis and the News reference!

Comment

Originally posted by John Caton View Post
                          the Snickers will also send a flood of fructose to the liver which is likely to be converted to fat in the liver.
                          Come on John! You know very well that the liver will convert fructose into glycogen first! Carbs to fat conversion happens when glycogen stores are full, in the context of a massive caloric surplus. Low carbers like you never have their stores full, so you worry for nothing about the fructose content. The Snickers bar is mostly loaded with crap ingredients, including an artificial amount of refined fats. The latter are the issue in the presence of a fair amount of highly glycemic carbs. You can't fear a Snickers bar for its fructose content, makes no sense. You can fear it if you like if you can't help eating them because they are designed to be very tasty. If you eat a decent diet full of satisfying real foods, you should not be tempted to eat such artificial calorie laden snacks.

I think the OP is provocative for nothing, he just seems to have an eating disorder that he needs to shout to the rest of the world. Get some help man!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            I think the OP is provocative for nothing, he just seems to have an eating disorder that he needs to shout to the rest of the world. Get some help man!
                            Nah, you are giving him too much credit. Just another troll to be pounded out.

Comment

^^^
                              OP is trolling hard. Did you not see all the other replies in various threads?!

Comment

Working...
                              X