Ad Widget

Collapse

Question about Carbs with lifting and HIIT...

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Carbs with lifting and HIIT...

Hey guys, this is my first post and I'm new to the site so here we go...

Definitely looking to have more of a Fat-rich diet and not feel so awful when cutting weight, but at the same time, at the moment, I have no real desire to try a full on Keto diet.

I'm 6'1 about 190 lb, always been involved in sports and am still competitive in big mountain skiing and recently got into men's physique, where I won my first show I entered back in June and now I'm starting to diet down for another show in November. I lift heavy 5 days a week, do 25 minutes of HIIT 3-4 times a week and another LISS sesh for about 40-50 minutes. I've been dieting between 2200-2300 cals daily 160-170g CHO (basically just enough to support brain function and workouts according to something Mark wrote) around 150-160g protein and about 100g fats.

I'm just going off the fact the brain needs roughly 120g and around 40-50 extra carbs for high intensity lifting/cardio, leaving the rest of my basic energy cals as fats. So, my question is, is this type of macro breakdown for energy usage going to put me into a CKD? Furthermore, what do you think of the breakdown?

Let me know what you guys think, cheers!

I think you are confused..

Edit: guess I will elaborate. The only way to know would be testing on a daily basis for at least a couple weeks. You can buy kits to do so at home. Do so and answer your question.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 08-22-2015, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Thanks...tell me about it

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
          Good luck!
          Thanks! I guess what I'm really trying to find out is wether or not my body will be smart enough to save the glycogen for the brain function and workouts and utilize the fats for basic daily energy requirements...guess time will tell!

Comment

Originally posted by DP_Swede View Post
            Thanks! I guess what I'm really trying to find out is wether or not my body will be smart enough to save the glycogen for the brain function and workouts and utilize the fats for basic daily energy requirements...guess time will tell!
            Well...your still typing

Comment

Originally posted by DP_Swede View Post
              It will be smart enough, if you let it.
              Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
              Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Take a gander at this article... it may help clear up some of your questions....

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-lo...etogenic-diets

Comment

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  Take a gander at this article... it may help clear up some of your questions....

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-lo...etogenic-diets
                  GREAT info...thanks for the link!

Comment

well,i think so, thanks for your sharing

Comment

Good luck !

Comment

Working...
                      X