Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your daily menu look like?

I know this threads been done a hundred times but I couldnt find anything recent/

What does your daily eating habits look like? Breakfast, Lunch Dinner? let a beginner like me know

thanks

~anops

I usually eat between 4pm and 10pm.

I'll have a cup of coffee around 7am at the office, and then water the rest of the day.

Dinner is typically something like 12-16oz of smoked salmon with roasted veggies and maybe some rice on workout days. Or perhaps a nice ribeye and grilled veggies. The occasional brisket taco night will sneak on to the menu as well. This sounds like a scant amount of food, but this is easily 1000-1500 calories most days.

I'll have a protein shake before and after workouts most days, unless I have something already prepared to eat after that won't take much heating.

Depending on how I'm feeling post-workout, I may eat very little (a bowl of berries and greek yoghurt, for example) or I may attempt to eat the entire pantry (the above plus some pistachios, walnuts, bananas, jerky, more of whatever was for dinner, etc).

After doing this for several years I've come to the point where I eat when my body tells me to eat, and I don't worry too much about the quantity. Fasting helps immensely with hunger, as I know what it actually feels like now. I also accept that some days I'm going to eat 5k calories, and some days I'll barely crack 2k. I don't freak out about the high days, and I don't try to force myself to eat on the low days. There's a reason I'm hungry and a reason I'm not. It's worked well so far, so why overthink it?

It's difficult as a beginner to figure it out, so my advice would be to understand the fundamentals of food as fuel and think about everything you put in your body for a while. Sometimes you'll eat something for purely emotional reasons, and that's fine as long as you can acknowledge and accept that. As you move forward, you'll have to determine what's worth it to you and how it all aligns with your goals.
    I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
    SW (Feb 2012): 278
    SBF: 26% (Scale)
    CW (Sept 2015): 200
    CBF: 17% (Scale)

Comment

I strive to eat three meals with one snack if necessary. Breakfast is usually eggs and.... Or non traditional foods.

Breakfast:. Two eggs scrambled in coconut oil, smoked salmon and a bowl of power greens
      Lunch:. Raw veggies over lettuce, some protein, oil and vinegar plus a piece of fruit
      Dinner:. Some sort of roasted meat, veggies

I try to rotate my proteins so that I am not eating the same ones at every meal or more than once a day. Same with veggies. The more variety I can use, the less this seems like drudgery. DH loves this way of eating and has lost 10 pounds already without actively trying. I'm also losing weight as well which helps.

Comment

Originally posted by mzteaze View Post
        I strive to eat three meals with one snack if necessary. Breakfast is usually eggs and.... Or non traditional foods.

Breakfast:. Two eggs scrambled in coconut oil, smoked salmon and a bowl of power greens
        Lunch:. Raw veggies over lettuce, some protein, oil and vinegar plus a piece of fruit
        Dinner:. Some sort of roasted meat, veggies

I try to rotate my proteins so that I am not eating the same ones at every meal or more than once a day. Same with veggies. The more variety I can use, the less this seems like drudgery. DH loves this way of eating and has lost 10 pounds already without actively trying. I'm also losing weight as well which helps.
        This is an excellent plan and what I would do if being strict. Right now I am lax, so a lot more dates, chocolate, cheese, fruit, potatoes and nuts. But basically meat and veg for dinner, eggs for breakfast. yeah.
        My first journal - http://forum.marksdailyapple.com/for...mal-highlights

Comment

Breakfast is always homemade greek yogurt with fresh berries.
          Lunch is usually a big salad with lots of onions, fried mushrooms and zucchini, egg, goat cheese and whatever veg I have in the fridge topped with homemade balsamic dressing. Clear broth with gelatin.
          Dinner varies...meat, veg & potatoes works well. Moussaka. Spaghetti made with zoodles.
          Desserts on weekends--a fruit crisp with erythritol and whip cream. Or a coconut chocolate smoothie.

Comment

Hi,
            I think this is a great thread, really,really useful info thanks for starting it
            My present is a result of my past choices, making the right choices today will create my futuresigpic

Comment

Hi Pamela M,
              Would love to have berries for breakfast but concerned about the carbs compared sayto egg and bacon. Roughly what quantity of berries do you have?
              My present is a result of my past choices, making the right choices today will create my futuresigpic

Comment

Breakfast: Coffee
                Lunch: Pulled pork shoulder over salad
                Dinner: Pulled pork shoulder over sweet potato

Breakfast: Coffee
                Lunch: 6-8 eggs scrambled in bacon fat, bacon, veggies in that egg scramble
                Dinner: 12-16oz steak and roasted veggies

The pattern goes something like that for me. I don't snack. I rarely drink anything besides water or coffee......ummm or beer .

Comment

Originally posted by countrygirl08 View Post
                  Hi Pamela M,
                  Would love to have berries for breakfast but concerned about the carbs compared sayto egg and bacon. Roughly what quantity of berries do you have?
                  Hi countrygirl. I'm not at all concerned about the carbs in berries. They are the lowest carb fruit, and pack a whollop (spelling?) of stuff that's good for you, luck antioxidants & vitamins. Don't shy away from berries. Besides tasting wonderful they do dress up plain yogurt like nothing else can. I use primarily blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. When out of season, I buy frozen.
                  I suppose I use a small handful of mixed berries, maybe about 1/4 cup, per serving.

Personally, I've never been a savory breakfast eater, and I do like to get in my probiotics whenever I can. Yogurt and berries just fits the bill and easily tides me over til lunch.

Comment

Breakfast is often an egg scramble. 3 eggs, leftover or whatever veg is in the fridge, a couple pieces of bacon and half an avocado. Some days when I think I'll need a bit more I'll have some sweet potato also.

Sometimes I have a cup of yogurt, half a cup of mixed berries, and some sprouted raw pumpkin seeds for texture.

Lunches are often leftovers from dinner, or tuna salad, or a protein shake made up of whatever might taste good that day.

An afternoon snack is usually bone broth with veg and a protein.

Dinner is a protein (beef, lamb, pork, poultry or fish) and a veg. Sometimes sweet potato.

I finish off the day with a couple small pieces of very dark chocolate.

I try to get avocado, a fermented food, and bone broth in on a regular basis.
                    My Journal.

My Phase 1 Success Story.

My Workout Log.

The Primal Transplant - A story of living with new lungs, a new lifestyle, and swinging kettlebells.

Comment

Breakfast, around 9 AM: 2-3 eggs, bacon and a small bowl of kimchee. I use a sauce bowl, I find a little goes a long way. 5 cups of coffee. (pot cups, so 2.5 real cups)

Lunch, around 1 or 2: This varies widely. One thing I might have is a curry made from a chicken leg, deboned and seared to release the fat. Extra palm oil, curry spices and vegetables... a whole zucchini, tomato paste, eggplant. Or if I'm in a hurry I'll make a salad with a can of salmon and an olive oil, balsamic and umeboshi paste dressing.

Snack: Fruit of some kind, usually.

Supper: Some kind of meat dish. Could be steak, pork, a lot of things... usually with a salad and often with some carbs, like potato salad. I sometimes have dessert... often a bit of mochi or a fried banana. Or, if I'm being 'bad', homemade cheesecake. I probably need to stop that... I drink tea and kombucha through the day.
                      Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

I'm following the autoimmune protocol at the moment and so my meals haven't been incorporating all that much variety. But generally, a typical day for me involves around 500 grams of meat, a huge salad and lots of non-starchy vegetables tossed with the drippings I reserve from the roast meats I make on weekends.

Comment

Steak, fish, eggs, potatoes, dairy, garden and foraged greens and veggies (dandelion, etc.), and decent food bars like larabars if affordable. Small amounts of whey protein and molasses in my coffee.
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I start the day with glass of warm water, the have a banana for my pre-workout session. Post the workout a serving of Protein Shake, Oats and 4 bolied egg whites. Lunch is Brown Rice, a Portion of Chicken Breast and a Salad. Snack includes egg whites and dinners are light like grilled fish and some soup

Comment

Thanks, berries for breakfast tomorrow, I've really missed them! As I came to this from mainly juicing (mostly fruit with green veg thrown in. But this fits in with what I cook for my husband (He's diabetic)

Comment

Working...
                              X