Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food for an upset tummy

I won't go into details but can anyone help me out? What should I eat and what should I avoid until my stomach starts feeling more normal?

Ginger or peppermint tea, bone broth, rice, bananas, steamed/boiled potatoes in broth, bland meats like a bit of nonspicy chicken. Last time I had a good bout of nausea what I ended up craving and it helped was coconut pancakes. Hope you find relief .
    My musings

The old stuff

Comment

Thanks Greensprout so much.

Comment

My naturopath always told me for someone who has stomach issues, make sure all your food is cooked. No raw foods (so no salads). If you insist on eating fruit, make sure it's cooked. Also try and limit the spicy food if not avoid it all together.

I've also had success with eating extreme low carb for a couple of days when I've had stomach issues. Just sticking to things like steak and eggs or ground beef and eggs.

Comment

WestCoastFire, your naturopath's advice explains why my tummy has been upset over the last three weeks. I've been eating a lot more salads lately at the expense of my usual cooked vegetables. I don't know whether to consider all this a period of adjustment or a sign I'm not made for lettuce. In any case, it isn't much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange View Post
            WestCoastFire, your naturopath's advice explains why my tummy has been upset over the last three weeks. I've been eating a lot more salads lately at the expense of my usual cooked vegetables. I don't know whether to consider all this a period of adjustment or a sign I'm not made for lettuce. In any case, it isn't much fun.

....through process of elimination, I've dropped all but the mixed greens, carrots, and cucumbers from my lunchtime salads. My tummy no longer bothers me.

The biggest culprit for me was the raw bell peppers -- red, green, orange or yellow -- the color didn't matter, they all caused intense pain/gas/upset...hebs

Comment

Working...
            X