Ad Widget

Collapse

Pbhytates beneficial for cancer and osteoporosis?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pbhytates beneficial for cancer and osteoporosis?

Phytates for the Prevention of Osteoporosis | NutritionFacts.org

Is it true that Phytates have had a bad press as a result of faulty science in 1949?

I would suspect it depends on the dose whether it's beneficial or harmful... I do like to eat beans once in a while so I hope so
    Take a walk on the wild side.

Comment

If phytates inhibit the absorption of something bad, then the effect would be good. For example, iron overload is harmful and phytates would inhibit that.
      My opinions and some justification

Comment

I have the same issue with phytates that I have with oxalates as well.

I just don't know what to believe

I close to just saying screw it, and not even worry about oxalates and phytates. as long as your avoiding grains, who cares?

EDIT: I didn't realize the source of that article was nutritionfacts.org. They are VEGAN BIASED. Take any info from them with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by purplegorilla View Post
          I have the same issue with phytates that I have with oxalates as well.

I just don't know what to believe

I close to just saying screw it, and not even worry about oxalates and phytates. as long as your avoiding grains, who cares?

EDIT: I didn't realize the source of that article was nutritionfacts.org. They are VEGAN BIASED. Take any info from them with a grain of salt.
          Thanks! I hadn't realised that either.

Comment

Originally posted by purplegorilla View Post

I prefer to read with a side of steak.....

Comment

Working...
            X