Ad Widget

Collapse

How much magnesium oil should I spray?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How much magnesium oil should I spray?

    I bought organic magnesium oil and magnesium chloride in a small 60ml spray bottle.

    How many sprays should I use per day on my body and is it normal to have itchy skin afterwards?

  • #2
    Itching or tingling is normal, I use about 4-5 sprays in the a.m., and about the same, more ore less at night, your body will only absorb
    What it needs, from what I understand...


    Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by drenna73 View Post
      Itching or tingling is normal, I use about 4-5 sprays in the a.m., and about the same, more ore less at night, your body will only absorb
      What it needs, from what I understand...


      Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
      That is a good dosage. Sprayers vary, but about 10 sprays = 400 mg of magnesium when absorbed.
      Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
      Old Paths ... New Journeys

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by John Caton View Post
        That is a good dosage. Sprayers vary, but about 10 sprays = 400 mg of magnesium when absorbed.
        Interesting. Seems ive been using less than what I would normally need. Thank you

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by John Caton View Post
          That is a good dosage. Sprayers vary, but about 10 sprays = 400 mg of magnesium when absorbed.
          Not sure how you can say that with any certainty. The amount of Mg per mL of liquid will vary by manufacturer and again by how diluted the solution is that was put in the spray bottle. The Natural Calm Mg Chloride liquid I use says on the label that it's 120mg/mL undiluted but also recommends using it half strength to apply directly to the skin. That means 2mL to get 120mg and any spray bottle I've ever used for personal care stuff would take more than 10 sprays for that amount.
          As for the tingling or stinging, I've read the more you need the more it stings as it absorbs. This is my experience, too - I get muscle tics in my calves when I'm getting too low and it usualy burns like a mofo when I apply the oil...though I apply it undiluted and 8-10mL at a time, all over my legs and torso.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by lemontwisst View Post
            Not sure how you can say that with any certainty. The amount of Mg per mL of liquid will vary by manufacturer and again by how diluted the solution is that was put in the spray bottle. The Natural Calm Mg Chloride liquid I use says on the label that it's 120mg/mL undiluted but also recommends using it half strength to apply directly to the skin. That means 2mL to get 120mg and any spray bottle I've ever used for personal care stuff would take more than 10 sprays for that amount.
            As for the tingling or stinging, I've read the more you need the more it stings as it absorbs. This is my experience, too - I get muscle tics in my calves when I'm getting too low and it usualy burns like a mofo when I apply the oil...though I apply it undiluted and 8-10mL at a time, all over my legs and torso.
            Of course you are correct if you are buying it preformulated. You should refer to the label before purchasing. Right or wrong, I assumed folks make their own with the common recipe of half magnesium chloride and half water, by volume.
            Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
            Old Paths ... New Journeys

            Comment

            Working...
            X