Ad Widget

Collapse

Ribs Baby! (Just kidding....they are spares :p)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribs Baby! (Just kidding....they are spares :p)

The art of the spare rib. These bellow where bought whole (Kansas city style). I trimmed em up, removed that back membrane and cut em St. Louis style cause I just think they are easier to eat that way, plus I can get the meat to just the right temp.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Those be trimmed, rubbed and fit for a hanging!

On the barrel smoker and cooked for about 3 hours at 275(ish). Note....I use to be a temp nazi about it....220! Low and slow! Search around though and you will see lots of championship teams are cooking a bit higher. I've tried it both ways. Bit higher works better for most things IMO.

Results

Decent little smoke ring and super juicy as you can see. These are pull from the bone tender rather than fall from bone tender....much preferred by me. Fall from bone can be accomplished with some changes like foiling after the first couple hours....since smoke won't add any flavor after that anyhow. Bit of dogfish head pumpkin ale and sauce....always just on the side .

Images where too big so linked em. Oh..nutrition thread. These are very nutritious. Any questions
Working...
X