Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb66
    started a topic Natural Skin Care - The basics?

Natural Skin Care - The basics?

Hey crew,

I am looking for some basics when it comes to natural skin care. I have honestly never given two thoughts about skin care, which is probably rare since I'm a 26 year old female. I don't wear makeup, use cleansers, or even really wash my face besides rubbing some shampoo on my face when I'm in the shower. I guess I've been fortunate to have reasonably good skin. I'm starting to think a little more about my skin though and what I can do that is simple and quick to keep good skin as I get older. I'm thinking along the lines of the best "bang for your buck" skin care ideas.

I'm honestly a dummy when it comes to this kind of thing. I know sunscreen is important and I'm pretty sure you're supposed to moisturize at some point?

So let's hear any tips or basics you guys might have! What does your routine skin care routine look like using the the natural stuff (i.e. not the nasty chemical concoctions)

Lay em on me. (Specific shout out to TPQ to chime in on this because I remember reading some of your suggestions a while ago!)

• libbyonthelabel
    replied
    My Aryuvedic book tells me that a nice sesame oil enema will take care of all my problems, including insanely dry skin. So....enema bulbs are cheap. You could give that a go. I haven't. But I might. Also when it comes to skin - if you don't have a problem, don't change anything. You will notice your skin texture change at some point though, and you'll think it's just an extra-dry winter, and it will go away in the spring. But it won't. And then you'll hear "ma'am" more than "miss" and strange small children will try to hold your hand and then look confused when your mommy-bob is the wrong color. And then maybe we can talk about skincare. And also, neem.

Leave a comment:

• andrestrang
    replied
    why dont you use some honey? it's really good for your skin whatever the type your skin is, oily, sry or mixed one. Try it, and you can use it as a daily method

Leave a comment:

• sam321
    replied
    I would throw out to op that it doesn't sound like you need to do anything to your skin if it's healthy now. Get some sun without getting burned, eat healthy, sleep a lot, and enjoy your clear complexion.

Leave a comment:

• miata
    replied
    I'm totally natural. Only wash with cold water and let my body produce oils to protect my skin. I can be out int he sun for 2-3 hours straight and not get a sunburn. I did have to build up, but still I'm much more resilient with my natural skin than I was using sun screens also building up.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff1990
    replied
    Grear thread, I find coconut oil works nicely to for skin health.

Leave a comment:

• Brince52
    replied
    Re: Natural Skin Care-The basics?

You can use coconut oil.

Leave a comment:

• noodletoy
    replied
    Originally posted by coolrain View Post
    Will that be enough if one has applied sunscreen? Do you scrub your face with the washcloth?
    i don't really scrub, no. my water is very hard and my skin tends to be dry. also can't remember the last time i wore sunscreen.

Leave a comment:

• Pamela M
    replied
    I'm not one to endorse products but after trying several natural products, (many which weren't natural at all) even using coconut oil for everything, I discovered Cocoon Apothecary and haven't looked back. Absolutely stunning products. Cannot recommend enough. They're not available in Europe, but I don't mind taking the extra effort to get them.

Leave a comment:

• healthy11
    replied
    I use Dr. Bronner's Castile soap for face and body and jojoba oil for moisturizing face and body. I can tend to be a little acne prone so I also use Witch Hazel and tea tree oil. My skin is very clear now. I work in a Derm office, but rarely use sunscreen as I don't like any chemicals. If you search on Pinterest there are homemade sunscreens, I just haven't taken the time to make any.

For hair I use all Morrocco Method products and absolutely love them! I even cut my own hair now based on the moon cycles.

I love not having chemicals in my beauty routine now and feel it is so important!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Leave a comment:

• coolrain
    replied
    Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
    i just use steam and a clean washcloth.
    Will that be enough if one has applied sunscreen? Do you scrub your face with the washcloth?

Leave a comment:

• JamesOliver
    replied
    Now since you have been ignoring your skin condition for long. I would advise you to run a skin test on your own to find out what your skin needs to pay attention at the moment. My mother uses this image skin care products recently which were recommended by my aunt to her & she seems to be happy with its products so far, You can check over here for further ideas.

Leave a comment:

• d-roc
    replied
    Originally posted by vb66 View Post
    I'm surprises there haven't been many mentions of sunscreen. Isn't that supposed to be an everyday thing?
    Sunscreen May Not Be Your Friend | Mark's Daily Apple

Leave a comment:

• vb66
    replied
    I'm surprises there haven't been many mentions of sunscreen. Isn't that supposed to be an everyday thing?

Leave a comment:

• Frederic21
    replied
    I use coconut oil as a moisturiser. I never use any soap on my skin as most of the time standing under a shower with just water is fine keep me clean. I drink plenty of water and when I wash my hair I have a natural honey based shampoo. That's pretty much it other than a deodorant stick which is basically a rock salt.

I agree with he Dr bonner pure Castile soap that's great stuff, lots of uses I actually like brushing my teeth with it!

Great that you don't wear make up, really not a fan of it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Leave a comment:

Working...
X