No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the explanation!

Comment

• New Old Guy....thanks for sharing your story, it has been very helpful to me. Can you tell me how much and what kinds of fruit you eat now? Seeing that you include rice and potatoes I am guesssing fruit is fine?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eoin Kenny View Post
        Also avoid frying because it really needs fats which are all processed anyway, plus the high temperatures seem to promote bad things. Am I still one of the few who boils everything these days?
        I use beef or pork fat for frying - which is a natural, pretty much unprocessed fat. Or extra virgin olive oil.

Comment

• It's quite difficult to pick the right way of eating with so much conflicting information out there. I've been low carb/high protein, ketogenic, and paleo. I'm currently doing a lot of research into vegan diets. Although I currently follow the paleo lifestyle as closely as possible.

You can learn a lot from vegans even if their data is cherry picked in a lot of cases. One discovery I made researching them is that the damage caused to vessels/arteries when consuming fats/meats is caused by endotoxins. They say meat is high in endotoxins and that's why meat is bad. But that isn't the whole story.

There are three important discoveries I made...
          1. All processed or dead foods will begin accumulating endotoxins produced by bacteria(Not just meat). It is basically a factor of time and exposure to oxygen. Ground meats, sausages, bacon, deli meats, smoked foods, etc... will also be relatively high in endotoxins and result in artery inflammation/damage. Whereas a fresh cut of steak has absolutely no trace of endotoxins.
          2. If your gut biome is not full of healthy bacteria is likely had bad bacteria which produce endotoxins.
          3. Most importantly, fat is the primary transporter of endotoxins into the bloodstream from intestines. So if you are consuming these blood vessel damaging toxins, then you consume fats then it is taking in the toxins with the healthy fats. No matter how healthy the fats are.

None of this means fats are bad, in fact it is my belief they are healthy. However knowing that damaging toxins are fat soluble and allow them to be absorbed through intestinal wall is important. Endotoxins are actually relatively weak toxins that our immune system can control unless over consumed. But over consumption for a lifetime will eventually lead to heart disease.

Limit foods high in toxins, get a healthy micro biome, and take your doctors advice on the fat intake. I personally avoid cheese completely, I'm not sure why some people say it's paleo. Humans have only been consuming dairy for a couple thousand years, and most cheeses(maybe all) contain trans fat. Honestly I don't know for sure that cheese is bad, it's my personal choice. My grandfather is 95 with no heart disease and still eating cheese so who knows.

Disclaimer
          All I want to point out is that endotoxins are bad and fat acts as the transporter. While I believe fats themselves are still healthy from the right sources(Fish/Grass Fed Beef), I am not attempting to prove that here. The scientific data to prove that might not even exist yet.

This is my research I've done for my own well being, I hope you've found it helpful.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobMcGill View Post
            Limit foods high in toxins, get a healthy micro biome, and take your doctors advice on the fat intake. I personally avoid cheese completely, I'm not sure why some people say it's paleo. Humans have only been consuming dairy for a couple thousand years, and most cheeses(maybe all) contain trans fat. Honestly I don't know for sure that cheese is bad, it's my personal choice. My grandfather is 95 with no heart disease and still eating cheese so who knows.
            Trans fats naturally occuring in cheese etc. are not the same as artificial manmade trans fats like in margarine:
            https://chriskresser.com/can-some-tr...ts-be-healthy/

Take a walk on the wild side.

Comment

• Originally posted by ToldUzo View Post

Trans fats naturally occuring in cheese etc. are not the same as artificial manmade trans fats like in margarine:
              https://chriskresser.com/can-some-tr...ts-be-healthy/

When it comes to the trans fat in meats/dairy, I know if I go buy a grass fed steak from a butcher it hasn't undergone any significant amount of processing. When you look at a cheese product in a store you really have no idea what kind of journey it went through and what was done to it for longer shelf life. It may or may not be healthy but like I said cheese or dairy products is not a point I'd argue over from a health perspective, especially since I have long living family members that eat cheese. However, humans have not been farming milk for the majority of our history. It's keto friendly for sure, but I don't see it as a paleo food. Avoiding cheese is just a personal preference, I have no idea if it's bad for us.

As far as the man made fats go I completely agree. I haven't had margarine in about a decade, I'll even refuse to eat foods at family members houses if they use it. Makes me look like a bit of a snob, but the stuff just disgusts me lol.

My favorite cooking oil/fats in order are avocado, grass fed beef tallow(I make my own), coconut oil, and the olive oil. I favor the higher smoke point healthy oils first, and then nutrient content. Olive Oil can be unhealthy if heated beyond a safe temperature. Avocado is safe to 500 degrees though.

Comment

• Mailibu, this is not a political discussion. http://www.tykeanimal.com

Comment

• It is well known fact that most of us are dying due to poor heart health. It is very important to keep your heart healthy if you want to live long life. It’s clear that healthy eating and living (like exercising) can make a huge difference. Eating healthy foods can make our heart health and yes, you are right we have to maintain our health and we should think twice before we eat anything unhealthy. Eating heart healthy foods are the best way to protect our heart. Of course we should not forget about the tablets by which we can maintain our heart.

Comment

Working...
                  X