Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find what wrong with me

Hello since i was 17 i developed some symptoms that came out of nowhare and i am living with them since them. I am 23 now, 1.83 , 120kg ( 250lbs), don't smoke, don;t drink, no drugs..trying to be maintain high level of physical activities during the day .

The main problems are: mainly constant weight gain during that time, dry eyes, constant brain fog, low energy, some muscle aches, weakness, erection problems , difficulty urinating, sitchy scalp, no libido, apathetic , mushy stools, constant headaches..

things i have tried with no effect - various forms of vitamin a, d ,e ,c and all the b vitamins, iodine,selenium,zinc,iron,magnesium,calcium,digest ive enzymes, high quality probiotics, DHEA, prognelonone,antihistamines,turmeric,ginger,garlic ,fish oil. Tried liver flushes, colon flushes, sea salt flushes, dem,earth drinking - nothing.

Tests i have done - thyroid hormones -normal. Testosterone, estrogen, prolactin,fsh,lit.hormone- also normal. From the standart blood test only my triglicerides were lil bit high.

Tried to cut gluten for one moth- also nothing
    i am currently taking glucosamine because i read that its good for inflammation and autoimmune diseases. But i only see an anxiety reduction from this supplement.

THe only things that i remember that could have lead to this are that i one time i swallowed some water from a public pool ( while playing with friends) and after that got massive diarrhea.That happened around the beginning of my symptoms. The other thing is that i drunk a lot of water during my teen years i think i got up to 8-10 liters a day.

Any help is appreciated.Thanks

drinking a lot of water or accidentally slurping down a mouthful of swimming pool is not the root of your problems.

when is the last time you got tested?

what do you actually eat? are you a student? do you work? how is your sleep?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Well i was concerned that over hydratation could lead to some deficiencies or flouride toxity. Tested last year.

well i eat mostly home made food because i am a student and my parents sent me so i can save some money. I eat mainly rice, patatoes, some meat, fruits and veggies as much i can. I don;t work. I will assume my sleep is not good because my roommates say i sometime snort very not frequent and loudly..like sleep apnea

Comment

A lot of the symptoms you list are markers of thyroid problems - weight gain, itchy skin, low libido listlessness/fatigue, muscle aches, brain fog. It is very common for thyroid problems to get missed because the normal range is very broad. So while you may have tested within the normal range if you were at the extreme of the range that could be wrong for your body to function optimally. Also if the doctor only tested tsh and didn't do a full thyroid panel a problem could be missed. This happened to me, and it wasn't until I went in to my doctor with six months of temperature charts showing a consistent waking temp of below 97 degrees that the doctor finally agreed something was up and I was able to get the proper testing.

If you have your test results post them along with the lab ranges and that could give a better idea of what's up with you. If possible you may also want to consider getting a referral to an endocrinologist to get further testing.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

A lot to rope in there, but a couple of things seem to stand out. The mushy stools can be a sign of poor absorption of nutrients, which I believe usually means poor gut bacteria. You can see the stool analysis here:

https://eleisawifelife.wordpress.com...and-poo-chart/

It says lack of water absorbed which tells me that you may need to start consuming some more salt. Not crappy table salt but himalayan or celtic sea salt. In fact, a lot of things on there seem to be pointing to not enough water absorption, so all that you may need to do is add more salt.

The low libido, erection problems, and muscle aches could be a sign that your body is either lacking the ability to make nitrous oxide or it's not getting the nutrients from the food available to make nitrous oxide. Nitrous oxide is basically a vasodilator that helps increase blood flow, which someone with erection problems will help leaps and bounds.

Foods with nitrates in them are beets and dark leafy greens. Beets are also a good way to test bowel health. Eat a couple of raw beets, and if it comes out 12-24hrs later, at least you know your bowel timing is right.

For the time being, I'd all but eliminate the fruit, and eat lots of those nitrate veggies listed above. The rest of the veggies you eat, make sure they are cooked, not raw. I'd nix the rice for the time being and eat more potatoes.

There are nitrous oxide supplements you can buy, either in tablet or powder(juice) form. They do work, but can be expensive. The powder form is more potent and fast acting.

Comment

Thanks for the answers guys! Sorry but i can seem to find the lab results. But i was taking coconut oil, iodine, selenium and even those synthetic thyroid hormones and saw no improvement in my condition.

About gut health i tried probiotics (even those that are protected from stomach acid) and patato resistant starch and also saw no improvement.

Ok i will follow your advice and start adding more salt. I assume baking soda will be of some help rising my sodium levels?

Comment

randomly supplementing with stuff like iodine or synthetic hormones of any sort can be VERY dangerous.

repopulating your gut biome can take a LONG time, so how long did you take the probiotics or potato starch?

a lot of what you describe sounds like low testosterone, especially having these symptoms at your age. the accepted range is pretty broad for this, so "normal" fdor your doctor may not be good enough for you.

how long ago did you have all those tests? can you see a different doctor?
              As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Couple of weeks for the probiotics and starch. The hormones were prescribed by an endocrinologist. As for the testosterone it was exactly in the middle of the range.I have took tribilus, pregnelonone,dhea,boron,maca and various other herbs without no improvements. (estrogen i prolactin were also in normal ranges forgot to mention that)

Comment

I wouldn't lean on baking soda to raise your sodium levels; aim for himalayan salt or celtic sea salt. If you can find unrefined versions of those, all the better. Don't go crazy with it, just mix a bit in with water, and add pinches here and there to food.

Do you happen to know what your blood pressure is like? If your blood pressure is chronically high then salt/sodium isn't the problem.

For the gut bacteria, as Noodle said, it can take quite some time to repopulate the gut; I'm not so sure a couple of weeks will do it. What you could maybe do is grab some plain non-flavored Kefir and have a cup of that each morning on an empty stomach. The stuff is loaded with probiotics.

Something to keep in mind to if you have sleep apnea, it is probably affecting your sleep quality. It is quite possible, that is the issue behind the weight gain. Insulin resistance is also linked to poor sleep, and if your insulin resistant, you'll struggle to burn fat. There is another issue that compounds on top of poor sleep; difficulty in maintaining a proper core body temperature (temp upon awaking). The body's ability to maintain it's core temperature is about 50% of the entire metabolic rate. If you're chronically cold and feel sluggish (believe me, you will know), if thyroid isn't the problem, your poor sleep quality could be behind it.

Comment

Ok i will continue with the probiotics.

Well i have always been told that my blood pressure was lil bit of the low side ..

And i am pretty sure i have sleep apnea because my nose seems to get stuffier at night. Can low sodium cause this stuffiness ?

Thanks!

Comment

It can, sodium is an electrolyte so lacking those can cause both stiffness and cramping, not to mention some muscle twitching. Being your blood pressure is kind of low, more sodium should do the trick. The more sodium, the more water retained, and the higher the blood pressure rises.

There is a home made electrolyte recipe i can pass on to you, which I use sometimes. All you need glass jar or jug with a non-metal lid. Grab bunch of either that celtic sea salt or himalayan salt and place it in the jar. Then fill the jar about 3/4 full of water, put the lid on and shake it up. If I recall, it took about 3 hand fulls of Himalayan salt to fully saturate the water.

Leave it for 24hrs or so, and if the next day there is salt resting at the bottom of the jar, you've got fully saturated water. Now grab yourself a glass of water, dump a little bit of the salt mixture to your drink, then stir it up with something non-metal. For extra flavor, squeeze in lemon or lime. The importance of using non-metal is because metal can deionize the mixture.

If you find the drink tastes good, it's because you needed the electrolytes. If it tastes bad, you probably put too much in. Think of it is maybe 2-3 Tbsp's full (without using the actual metal spoon).

Comment

Thanks will do it!

Comment

Originally posted by WestCoastFire View Post
                          I wouldn't lean on baking soda to raise your sodium levels; aim for himalayan salt or celtic sea salt.
                          For sodium purposes, salt is salt. Sea salt or any other is a very poor source of additional minerals. Have another cup of broccoli.

I can't imagine anyone having a sodium shortage. In the last 30 days, I've had a low of 1.5 grams one day, and a high of 8 grams, once only. I average about 3.5. This is in the natural foods, and some of them I do salt further, like lentils.

If you ate nothing but vegetables, which are very low sodium and high potassium, you'd get enough salt if your aren't sweating profusely.

Comment

I disagree here. Sodium has multiple benefits, including being pro-thyroid. As long as OP is getting enough potassium, I think more sodium would be beneficial.
                            My opinions and some justification

Comment

Originally posted by Elliot View Post
                              I disagree here. Sodium has multiple benefits, including being pro-thyroid. As long as OP is getting enough potassium, I think more sodium would be beneficial.
                              Actually, not. At all. There is scads of evidence that what is important is the sodium/potassium ratio. not merely how many grams of each one consumes. https://www.bing.com/search?q=sodium...ZI&form=MOZSBR

Every natural food has WAY more potassium than sodium. The exception is eggs, at virtually 1:1.

Cutting out as much sodium as possible helps the ratio. Eating more sodium has zero benefits. We get all we need from our diet.

Comment

Working...
                              X