Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnTheBayou View Post
    You are way overthinking this stuff. You don't need lecithin and enzymes in your diet. Most enzymes are DOA in your stomach. Your body makes the enzymes it needs as it needs them.
    +1

You are over thinking and too focused on supplements. Honestly, you sound like me, a few years back. If you eat a wide variety of whole foods and get plenty of good water, air and sunshine, you won't need supplements. And if you don't, then you cannot supplement your way past your poor choices. Grok had no supplements, yet delivered the human race to modern times. Some supplements have a beneficial role when there is a verified tested deficit. No test. No take.

Do you have a Vit D dificiency, really? You should test. But, if you cannot, here is a DIY test that will give you a clue. Take a smooth, but hard cylindrical object like a pencil or pen barrel and press it against your shin at the ankle. Pressing firmly against the bone, slowly drag it to your knee. It may hurt, but if you can actually tolerate the pain all the way up to your knee, then you probably DO NOT have a Vit D dificiency. If you cannot stand the pain, you need to invest the money for the test.
    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Originally posted by tisho23 View Post
      Well i was concerned that over hydratation could lead to some deficiencies or flouride toxity. Tested last year.

well i eat mostly home made food because i am a student and my parents sent me so i can save some money. I eat mainly rice, patatoes, some meat, fruits and veggies as much i can. I don;t work. I will assume my sleep is not good because my roommates say i sometime snort very not frequent and loudly..like sleep apnea
      I strongly believe that this needs to be a priority for now. Do whatever it takes to have a sleep study done, because all of the supplements and nutrient dense foods in the world won't be able to undo the damage done by crappy sleep. It's a vicious cycle and will keep you sick and overweight.

Keep being generous with the salt for your overworked adrenals and stick to clean eating in the meantime, but don't underestimate the difference some real rest and repair will make in regard to every problem you list.
      Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

@John Caton: Do you have some citation, or even a good explanation for that test you suggest?

BTW, something often overlooked about Vitamin D is that as we age, our levels naturally go down. I started supp'ing seven years ago, mostly 2000 IU's/day. And lots of sunshine in most of the months in Florida; yard work, bike riding. At one point I tested around 75 whatevers, high. Over these years I've upped to 5,000, then 10,000IU's/day, same sunshine routines. My last test last year was in the 45-50 range, don't recall the exact number.

I'm close to 70. Our bodies metabolized VD, besides making it. I'ts obvious that either I have taken a lot of bogus VD, or my body is taking it out of the bloodstream about as fast as I can put it in.

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheBayou View Post
          @John Caton: Do you have some citation, or even a good explanation for that test you suggest?

BTW, something often overlooked about Vitamin D is that as we age, our levels naturally go down. I started supp'ing seven years ago, mostly 2000 IU's/day. And lots of sunshine in most of the months in Florida; yard work, bike riding. At one point I tested around 75 whatevers, high. Over these years I've upped to 5,000, then 10,000IU's/day, same sunshine routines. My last test last year was in the 45-50 range, don't recall the exact number.

I'm close to 70. Our bodies metabolized VD, besides making it. I'ts obvious that either I have taken a lot of bogus VD, or my body is taking it out of the bloodstream about as fast as I can put it in.
          Bone softens pretty quickly when D is low. With the skin being so thin over the shin, it is an easy location to check for bone softening (pain sensitivity). Some sites also recommend the breastbone as another location.

Just check keywords; vitamin D shin test

But here are a couple of representative links

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/Quick,+f...n+D+deficiency

https://www.sharecare.com/health/vit...n-d-deficiency
          Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
          Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Good enough for the Mayo Clinic, good enough for me. Although, of course, I like the blood test.

Some good information on that Wiki, John. Thanks.

Comment

Hey! I want to ask you something. Do you think that tap water is killing the probiotics i am taking due to the fluoride/chlorine content :? I use probiotic powder and i mix it with tap water..

Comment

Originally posted by tisho23 View Post
                Hey! I want to ask you something. Do you think that tap water is killing the probiotics i am taking due to the fluoride/chlorine content :? I use probiotic powder and i mix it with tap water..
                Since that is off topic, you should start another thread. I'll look for it.

Comment

Working...
                X