Ad Widget

Collapse

Making Bone Broth for People Who Have a JOB?!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liam8888 View Post
    I don't feel safe leaving the stove on when I'm not home for 8hrs
    Oops, that's what I do. No fires yet at least.

I had mixed results with slow cooker--low was too low and high was too high.
    37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

So leave the slow cooker on low until you get home, then switch it to high for several hours or overnight, making sure to top up the fluid levels before leaving it to stew.

Comment

Americas test kitchen recent book Paleo Perfected tested broth times and found that best time is 4 hours for chicken and 24 hours for beef broth at a gentle simmer or in the oven at 200 or in a slow cooker on low. With a pressure cooker on high they say 1 hour for chicken and 90 min for beef broth ( in their pressure cooker book).

Comment

You can make a massive pot full, then decant into portion size containers and freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by zmisst View Post
            Americas test kitchen recent book Paleo Perfected tested broth times and found that best time is 4 hours for chicken and 24 hours for beef broth at a gentle simmer or in the oven at 200 or in a slow cooker on low. With a pressure cooker on high they say 1 hour for chicken and 90 min for beef broth ( in their pressure cooker book).
            Well, after years of experiment / tasting tests / gelling tests, I can say that I prefer 2 hours in a pressure cooker (instant pot now) for chicken stock, and 3 hours for beef. SOMETIMES 4 for beef, if there is still obvious tendon / sinew / gelatinous gobbets not quite dissolved.

Comment

I have an instapot and upped the time to 4 hours. Made a big difference. FYI, if you have frozen bones you have to do a short heat session or it errors when it doesn't build pressure quickly.

Thanks, John O

Comment

Filet sells bone broth now. We could just buy it from him and why do I now want to go have bone broth ? Mmmmmm the craves

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
                X