Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Fruits are Best for Skin!

We know that different fruits have different benefit in the human body. I want to know which fruits are best for dry skin..

Thanks

Liver fruit, fish fruit, and bacon fruit are great for the skin!

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
      Liver fruit, fish fruit, and bacon fruit are great for the skin!
      Yep. And after you finish with the main course, you can chop em up and add gelatin for a nice healthy Jello desert.

Comment

Originally posted by abrockettwister View Post
        We know that different fruits have different benefit in the human body. I want to know which fruits are best for dry skin..

Thanks
        Try avocado.

Comment

You might want to also try to figure out what is causing the dryness to begin with.

Comment

Usually a lack of fat intake will cause dry skin, so I'd go with the avocado if you're wanting a fruity remedy.
            Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

I reckon fruits high in vitamin C or water-dense tropical fruits could help, such as canteloupe, kiwifruit, oranges, strawberries, mangoes, pineapple, raspberries, blueberries, watermelon and grapefruit.

In my experience though, no food works more wonders for skin than fatty fish like salmon.

Comment

Preservation and repair of skin is dependent on good collagen synthesis and healthy cell membranes. Looking specifically to fruit isn't an answer. Yes, vitamin C and minerals from fruits will assist with collagen production but it is more important to provide the proper proteins and fats. Pursue collagen producing protein (gelatin), omega-2 fat from olives (olive oil) and omega-3 fat (from fish). Stay hydrated.
                Last edited by John Caton; 01-28-2016, 03:45 AM.
                Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
                Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

We do know?

Comment

you may want to look at your soap and bathing habits. HOT water is drying, so is hard water. most soaps are drying.

is there enough fat in your diet? do you drink enough water? eat oogly bits of meat with lots of collagen; salmon, avocado; gelatin?

no fruit is magic for skin.
                    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Of all the major food types - flesh, vegetable, tubers, dairy, fruit - I'd say the last is the most worthless by every measure. Often lots of sugar in lots of water at high prices. Little to no proven benefits to our bodies. Certainly not necessary, look at the zero carb folks.

I love sugary sweet fruit as much as anyone else. It's in our genes. But I don't try to convince myself it's good for me.

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheBayou View Post
                        Of all the major food types - flesh, vegetable, tubers, dairy, fruit - I'd say the last is the most worthless by every measure. Often lots of sugar in lots of water at high prices. Little to no proven benefits to our bodies. Certainly not necessary, look at the zero carb folks.

I love sugary sweet fruit as much as anyone else. It's in our genes. But I don't try to convince myself it's good for me.
                        Fruit is for chimps. Don't be a chimp!
                        Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
                        Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Eat a varied diet including all kinds of fruits, vegetables, tubers/plantains/potatoes, meats, organ meat, gelatin/bone broth, seafood, seavegetables, eggs, fermented foods, beans, some rice and cheese/youghurt if you tolerate dairy (as much organic produce as possible). Fresh air, exercise and sunshine also helps
                          Take a walk on the wild side.

Comment

Good one, John! I'll have to remember that.

A lot of truths and facts are often hidden in plain sight. Two generations ago, the only fruits and vegetables available in most of North America depended on the season. Or cans! No environmentally disastrous flying in of grapes from Chile. Yet, now we think in terms of having all varieties available at all times. There were no vegans until our stores became perpetually stocked.

Another "hidden in plain sight" matter dealing with the OP's question: Daily bathing with shampoo and soap. Intrigued by the "no 'poo" movement, I stopped showering every day maybe five years ago. Or, sometimes when I did, it was just plain water and a washcloth. Even in the summer in Florida without air conditioning, I could go three, four days w/o a shower. And when I decided it was time, it had more to do with that "sticky" feeling of having perspired a lot, not scent. I rarely ever hit the latter reason.

Here in Austin now in the winter, I can go a week w/o the slightest problem. In fact, I usually shower now only because I'm going to an event or something and a lot of days have passed since my last shower. Social training pressure, still.

Comment

No idea, but I'll take a stab. Your skin has bacteria of its own, and certain types will leave you red, itchy, and/or dry, depending. I believe these bacteria are somehow fed by the foods that you eat. Obviously, they live off the salt water pumped out of the sweat glands, but I would think there has to be a polymer molecule too, of sorts. My rough guess is that high sugar diets encourage excess growth of some of the bad types, so technically the best fruits for skin would be lower in sugar.

Comment

Working...
                              X