No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vabelle35 View Post
    re Practical Advice

The OP asked at one point for practical advice. All I can offer is that you set yourself up for success by planning your meals ahead of time.

I'm a recipe person, I don't really do well eating a bunch of components on a plate (or in a Bento Box), so I tend to do all of my cooking up front, usually on the weekend, and freeze a lot of portions so that I always have something to eat.

For me, planning is the key to my success.
    I do a variation of the theme. Since, as everyone here must know by now, I use Diet Organizer to record my foods. Around mid-day, perhaps, I'll often start thinking what I'll have for a mid-afternoon snack and dinner. I plug in those foods in advance to see how they impact my goals. For instance, yesterday I intended to eat such and such, and found out that I better eat half of what intended.

Comment

Originally posted by vabelle35 View Post
      For me, planning is the key to my success.
      x2
      For me X of something per day was stressful and puzzling but X per week made sense. Now Saturday morning is a tempest of shopping, stewing, roasting, salad chopping, soup simmering, and pickling. Add a few judicious convenience foods (fruit, canned fish) and voila, no weeknight cooking.
      37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Originally posted by picklepete View Post
        x2
        For me X of something per day was stressful and puzzling but X per week made sense. Now Saturday morning is a tempest of shopping, stewing, roasting, salad chopping, soup simmering, and pickling. Add a few judicious convenience foods (fruit, canned fish) and voila, no weeknight cooking.
        Then there are those of us who dread long kitchen sessions, planning out days in advance, a big shopping trip. I like to visit the store several times per week, think out no more than a few days, and love to cook up a meal every night. I anticipate it!

Different strokes for different Primals!

Comment

Indeed. Part of the process is finding what works for you and what doesn't.

I'm a planner in all facets of my life. I find that when life throws me a curve ball, I can deal with it better knowing that all other areas as set up for success so I can deal with the curve ball and move on.

It doesn't derail me. Does it make me happy? Absolutely not. But I can deal

Comment

Working...
          X