Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do you have an aversion to gelatin? the hydrolyzed dissolves easily in tea, soup or coffee and is a great way to get in some animal protein without even chewing.

op, you probably already know this: while certain plants have plenty of minerals, their bioavailability is vastly different than animal protein. take spinach. the oxalates in raw spinach bind to the iron and basically none can be used by the body. even when cooked, spinach is mostly non-heme iron but our bodies need heme and non-heme -- BOTH of which present exactly as we need them in meats.

fruits and vegetables are good for vitamins, but animals are superior for minerals.
    Last edited by noodletoy; 02-08-2016, 11:19 AM.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by gergirl View Post
      I need to get/want to get used to it. I just do not want to "kill" my digestion and take it slow. If I went just by appetite, I would eat a steak. But that would not be a promising/healthy/perpetuating start!?
      If you are craving steak, I doubt it would hurt to try some. Just cook a small piece to start.
      I moved to primalforums.com to escape the spam.

Comment

I will buy some real meat at a farmer's shop on Thursday. The last two days I had some bone broth mixed into my mashed veggies.

Comment

Hope all is going well. I just happened to come across this blog post from a vegetarian adding meat, just thought I would share in case you are interested.

http://sweetlyraw.com/coming-out-my-...right-side-up/
          Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
          Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
          Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

You must remember some meat dish you liked to eat before going vegetarian? If so, then try that maybe
            Take a walk on the wild side.

Comment

Hmmm...today I will have chicken breast for dinner, if I "can" eat it. I am excited. Bone broth was not a problem
              Three hours later, edit:
              I ate it. It was okay So I have to be called omnivore, now. Daily meat won't happen, but I can follow my appetite, yeaha!
              Last edited by gergirl; 02-11-2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Yay for you! ��
                You are right, IMO, to ease into it...I had some bison after about 4 weeks of meat eating again...sat like a STONE in my stomach, and I was so uncomfortable all night.... Last night, ( after 10 months of chicken, turkey and bone broth) I had a slice of roast beef...went down fine, tasted alright. Oddly, I have been craving it for several days, even though I haven't had it in decades. I figure my body was telling me it was ready, but it still took me days to work up to it. ��

Comment

Working...
                X