Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gelatin

Simple gelatin question that I cannot seem to find the answer for, except sugary Jello-O. How long does something made with gelatin last in the fridge? I was thinking of trying the herbal tea gelatin idea from one of Mark's recent posts and having some every night to see if it helped me sleep.

However, I work with very limited free time, so I try to make as many things as possible in batch sizes that I know that I can get through before they go bad. So, how long do I have with gelatin, anyone know?

depends what is in it, how you handle it and your fridge. maybe a couple days, maybe a week.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

My batch was good for 1 week in airtight glass, unknown after that.
      On a hunch I also added lemon (acid = preservative).
      37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

I've had bone broth, virtually all gelatin, last weeks in the fridge. Many, don't recall how long it was before I found it going "off."

But why would you do that? Just put the amount you want to consume in a cup of water, stir, and drink.

Comment

Working...
        X