No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolute lowest food volume

Hi,
    I've been eating paleo for nearly three years, absolutely love it, but still have a distended/bloated lower abdomen. I'm 46 male but very slim so the swelling really shows. I'm trying various methods to reduce the bloat before I succumb to that trip to the doctor that I've put off for years for various reasons (I probably have a colon or bladder condition from my research).
    Anyway, I'm thinking of trying to massively reduce the volume of food that passes through my gut and seeing if that helps. I'm relatively active and lift frequently so was thinking of the following (sorry I don't do macros) -

Paleo protein powder (100% beef or egg extract)
    Coconut oil, butter, olive oil
    honey/berries
    coffee
    vitamin supps
    other supps - macca root, turmeric, probiotic

Anything I've forgotten? Is this a worthwhile experiment?
    Thanks in advance for your input.

what are you eating now? have you tried any kind of elimination or gaps diet? have you tried rebuilding your gut biome? intermittent fasting?

trying to live on protein powder, butter and coffee sounds like a health tragedy waiting to happen.
    Last edited by noodletoy; 02-13-2016, 07:39 PM.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by dogsled7 View Post
      Anything I've forgotten?
      Meat....

Originally posted by dogsled7 View Post
      Is this a worthwhile experiment?.
      Not as you have it written...no. You should consider a standardized elimination diet plan.

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
        what are you eating now? have you tried any kind of elimination or gaps diet? have you tried rebuilding your gut biome? intermittent fasting?

trying to live on protein powder, butter and coffee sounds like a health tragedy waiting to happen.
        +1

Furthermore, since there are "other" reasons you need to see a doctor, perhaps she/he should see the bloat. Why try to hide it if you have other attendant issues.
        Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
        Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Go. To. The. Doctor's.

Not that a doctor will have the answer, but maybe. And can eliminate things, perhaps, whereas all you are doing is guessing.

You want low volume? Eat fat and oils. I didn't say it would be fun or healthy, but there you are.

I honestly struggle with the term "bloat," especially as a permanent condition. We can bloat, relatively speaking, due to water retention, and perhaps feces retention, but to have a permanent stomach in a male is not simple bloat.

I saying that presuming your condition is not fatty liver, i.e., beer belly.

Hie thee to a physician.

Comment

Working...
          X