No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keto flu not ending

Hello everyone.
    I have more than 30 days in paleo diet and my low carb flu symptoms are not disappearing yet.
    I feel tired, my face and neck kinda hurts and feel thirsty, also they look darker than my body skin.

I ate some carbs, sweet potatos, bananas (each one 1 per day, 2-3 days per week)
    I also eat some sweet fruits like apples and oranges.
    I eat fat. I cook my meals in animal fat.
    I drinka lot of water and before drinking water i put in my mouth a few Himalayan pink salt.

I exercise moderately.

My question is do sweet potatos, bananas, apple and oranges are preventing my body to achieve ketosis? Should i stop eating those?

Any advice would be helpful. I dont wanna give up.

Hey OP! I think the amount of carbs (or lack thereof) required for keto varies from person to person. I think no more than 25-50 grams per day should do the trick.

Looking at what you have listed, I'd say both sweet potatoes and apples aren't doing you any favors. You could probably get away with 1 banana and an orange

You also have to keep in mind though, because you are exercising moderately, you still need to fuel yourself which will inevitably include some carbs at the moment. Eventually, you may be able to weed yourself off completely for workouts but I don't think a lot of of people can do it.

Depending on your goals, you may also want to consider carb cycling instead. On days you workout, eat carbs like your sweet potato & bananas etc.. around your workout (before or after), then reduce them the rest of the day. On your off days, keep things like sweet potatoes and fruits out of the meal plan and just stick to vegetables instead.

I'm sure others will chime in here with some different advice!

Comment

Whats the normal period for keto flu? It is normal more than one month?

Comment

Originally posted by Edmiri View Post
        Whats the normal period for keto flu? It is normal more than one month?
        ...with what you've listed, you don't have the "keto flu", it sounds more like the "I'm not eating enough virus".

Can you post a days meals/calories???

Comment

Hebsie.
          I eat twice a day
          Morning 2-3 egs, red meat fried animal fat , avocado.
          Dinner meat or chicken liver with steamed or fried vegetables. I eat a lot of red meat and animal fat.
          Before i go to sleep i eat few nuts.

I am considering eating once a day. Do you think it is better to achieve ketosis?

Comment

If you are eating a sweet potato one day, a banana the next day and something equally carby each day you are likely eating too many carbs to be in ketosis. Your problem could be not enough calories in general and/or not enough fat. Your protein seems fine. Do you have a food tracker? You have to increase your calories a bit when you are working out. Play around with your fat and calories until you feel better and then see if you are still losing weight. If not adjust a bit.

Comment

All mysteries of the initiates are revealed in ................. food databases. Available on free websites near you. Fitday.com, nutrtiondata.com, downloadable programs like diet organizer.

To jump start you, 8 ounces of either sweet potato or red potato have about 40 grams of carbs within. One medium banana, 27.

If you are trying to get into ketosis, you can see how dangerous these foods are.

Comment

Since you are just starting Paleo you should probably work on bare bones fat adaptation before going keto. You can do a reasonable amount of exercise with Paleo at 150 or so a day of carbs, but it is best to dial back exercise when you are starting in keto mode. Your body takes time to adapt to fat and then again for keto. After adapting to keto ramp up the exercise again.

How were you eating before starting Paleo?
                Last edited by miata; 02-25-2016, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Agree with Miata. If you are coming into Primal as most do, for general health and weight control reasons, going into keto isn't a great idea at the start. Try following the basic PB diet recs, with carbs around 100 - 150 for a while and see if you don't start feeling better.
                  Finally have given up on MDA Forum.
                  My friends, I'll see ya at primalforums.com where I'm user #4, and we do have a moderator.

Comment

Im not at paleo for loosing weight. I and i am underweight. I buid some during those diet days and lost some fat.

Before i was eating low quality foods. Grains fast food etc.
                    Last edited by Edmiri; 02-26-2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

If you are underweight why are you trying to go ketogenic?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Im not at paleo for loosing weight. I was i am underweight. I buid some during those diet days and lost some fat.

Before i was eating low quality foods. Grains fast food etc.
                        Why are doing Paleo? And why Keto on top of that?

Comment

For cleaning my body from toxic and killing bad cells & bacteria.

Comment

One more question, are you taking any supplements?

Comment

For cleaning my body from toxic and killing bad cells & bacteria.
                              Then why keto? That just makes it more complicated and could cause you more harm than good -- or at a minimum make adherence more difficult. You really have to know what you are doing and have a specific reason for going keto.

Sounds to me like you hare making this more difficult than it needs to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X