Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting. So what is your plan of action/thoughts on this advice?

Self experimentation time maybe?

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by PoisonIvy View Post
      It breaks the calcium molecule, okay? Maybe so. Short of taking a supplement its as good as it gets, I'm constantly trying new things and it tastes really good.

Also, I add other high calcium foods throughout the day so meh

'......do you have a study for that :-P'

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
      are you a vegan or something?
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Milk gives me problems, strangely butter seems to be the worst

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

I tend to do okay with Raw Milk products. If I drink hot coffee, I do Bulletproof, but I use Raw Milk in my Iced Coffee. I can also handle Raw Milk cheeses in small amounts and have recently taken to making my own butter from Raw Milk Cream and so far no issues with that.
          Maintaining Ketosis Macros 60f/30p/10c

Follow me on Instagram @podtastic_eats

Check out my blog! I'm a newbie PODTASTICEATS.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by sharperhawk View Post
            I flavor my coffee with heavy cream, which is almost all fat (lactose is a sugar). A serving of yogurt is fine, though I find that if I eat it regularly, I have an acne break out. (I once ate a large amount of frozen yogurt and later had intestinal cramps and gas for an uncomfortable hour on the toilet. Frozen yogurt is not just yogurt that's frozen.) Whey protein powder, even whey isolate, also triggers acne. Sometimes a restaurant will sprinkle cheese on a salad, and the amount is small enough not to bother me.

I have lactase pills. I used to take one almost every time I ate in a restaurant because most restaurants put cheese on most of their dishes. Now I find that most of the menu items that have cheese are things I would avoid for other paleo reasons as well (e.g., pasta, pizza, tortillas).
            Thank you so much for this post. I'm lactose intolerant and I get acne from whey protein. I never put two and two together that the protein powder was causing my acne! After seeing your post I googled around a little to see if there's other types of protein powder that won't cause acne. I found pea protein at http://proteinbrain.com/best-protein...ne-prone-skin/ Does this look like a good idea to you? Apparently it's hypoallergenic so I'm hoping it'll work.

Comment

I'm not aware of any specific problems with pea protein powder. You can try it and see. I think that real food is generally better, though it may require habit changes that can be difficult.
              I moved to primalforums.com to escape the spam.

Comment

Originally posted by sharperhawk View Post
                I'm not aware of any specific problems with pea protein powder. You can try it and see. I think that real food is generally better, though it may require habit changes that can be difficult.
                Thank you sir, I appreciate it. I'll try to get as much as I can from real whole foods.

Comment

re whey powder, most products out there have sugars and other ingredients in them. Pure whey has NO sugar in it. Bulk Supplements brand is pure whey.

Yogurt has less lactose than the milk it's make from, but I doubt it has all be converted to acetic acid. Probably not a good choice.

If you want a high quality plant protein source, go for lentils. Of the eight essential amino acids, only a couple are in slightly lesser amounts than the other six.

Comment

Working...
                  X