Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Caton View Post
    Fish seem to do OK with it and their cellular membranes, retinas and neurons aren't so different than ours.
    Fish live at lower temperatures, such that their fatty acids are less likely to oxidize. We are warm-blooded.
    My opinions and some justification

Comment

how often/much a week on the salmon and sardines would you recommend?

Comment

degenerative as in makes you ill?

Comment

The Tokelau population lived on coconuts and fish so too much fish doesn't seem to be a problem unless it's loaded crap from tainted sea waters. Whole foods are always a better option than supplements but I think in this case with fish oil it's especially true. It's only my opinion though because if one is metabolically broken to begin with and struggles to utilize fuel properly, I don't see how fish oil will do any good. I'd wager that most of the population has metabolic issues one way or the other, so if studies quoted were based on metabolically broken individuals, then I suspect there will be no benefit.

The only way to separate that would to be to get 2 groups of individuals, one clearly having metabolic difficulties and compare them with another group that is more metabolically efficient. Then see if there is a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by liam8888 View Post
            degenerative as in makes you ill?
            Yes
            My opinions and some justification

Comment

so you are agreeing with Kresser that fish oil supplementation is NOT a good idea?
              uhm, I read the article and he does not say that; in fact he recommends taking it if you don't eat fish:
              If you don’t eat fish (for whatever reason), I’d suggest supplementing with 1 teaspoon of high-vitamin cod liver oil. In addition to about 1.2 g of EPA + DHA, it is rich in the active form of vitamin A and vitamin D, both of which are difficult to obtain elsewhere in the diet. There are very few studies suggesting the possibility of harm from supplementation with 1 gram or less of fish oil per day, so I think one teaspoon of cod liver oil a day is likely to be safe even for those eating fish regularly—and beneficial for those not eating liver or other foods that contain active vitamin A. My current favorite cod liver oil is EVCLO.

Comment

how often/much a week on the salmon and sardines would you recommend?
                I eat at least one marine food everyday, most often sardines for economy.
                Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
                Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Originally posted by John Caton View Post
                  I eat at least one marine food everyday, most often sardines for economy.
                  Me too. My favorite is the wild planet brand. They also make tinned whole anchovies that are really good. Reminds me, I need to get to trader joe's for some of the smoked oysters they sell. They're the only ones I've found that aren't packed in crap oil.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by whitebear View Post
                    Me too. My favorite is the wild planet brand. They also make tinned whole anchovies that are really good. Reminds me, I need to get to trader joe's for some of the smoked oysters they sell. They're the only ones I've found that aren't packed in crap oil.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
                    Good stuff.
                    Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
                    Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

Working...
                    X