Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried it in caplet form and saw no results. With anything what works for some doesn't for others. I heard later it is best when taken within some fat, like in cooking. Maybe that is all the difference.

Comment

I just buy turmeric roots and thoroughly chew and swallow one 1-2x per week. Supposedly good for many things and a strong anti-oxidant. I'm not aware of any changes or benefits from doing this. I just do it in hope that it helps the body. I like eating a root better than taking a supplement.

Comment

I think whether or not you "feel" the effects may depend on your physical condition. If you start off with having little or no inflammation, you may not notice the effects as someone with a significant amount. That does not mean you are not getting benefits from it.

On the supplement vs. root or ground, it may just depend on your circumstances. If you are just adding it because you think it is healthy, adding it to foods or chewing it might suffice, as long as you are pairing it with black pepper. If you eat it alone, very little of the cucurmin is bioavailable. Additionally, you have no way of knowing how much cucurmin is actually in that specific piece of root so if you are trying to get a certain amount, it may be difficult to measure your intake. And someone looking to take therapeutic levels would have to eat pounds of it along with a lot of black pepper.

Comment

the pills I have have per capsule and you take one a day

Extract Equivalent to Dry:
          Curcuma longa Rhizome (Turmeric)
          Equiv. Curcuminoids
          15,800mg

600mg

Boswellia serrata Gum (Boswellia) 100mg
          Zingiber officinale Rhizome (Ginger) 100mg
          Withania somnifera Root (Ashwagandha) 100mg
          Extract:
          BioPerine® (Black Pepper) 6mg
          My tongue definitely unpuffed right down relatively quickly but it may have been a co-incidence.

Comment

Working...
          X