Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellowing eyes from hight fat , protein diet

Hi I noticed last few weeks my eyes have slight yellow colour to them I'm eat high fat protein the last four months or so feel good but was wondering anyone else notice this while following the primal way .

Never noticed it outside of folks who have liver disease. Unprotected sex or recent needle use of late?

Comment

No noting like that . Eating very healthy and fair bit of training. No sign of liver disease before either.

Comment

I'd run some blood work. A CMP might shed some light. May be nothing of concern, but best to check.

Comment

I made a doc appointment for Tuesday . Just has me very curious does it have anything to do with primal living

Comment

Yeah, I would be curious as well, but any information you get here will just be random uneducated guesses without those labs. Good idea to see the doc.

Comment

Yeah was just wondering did anyone else get it. I'll let you know how I get on anyway . Hopefully it nothing and noting to do with being primal very happy on it.

Comment

haven't heard anybody complaining of this so let us know! good luck.
                As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

If it's related to the liver, the only possible thing I can think of perhaps your consuming more protein than you liver can even handle? Even then I'm not sure if that would cause yellowing of the eyes over a period of time. If this is the case, your uric acid levels will possibly be off the charts as well if you get blood work?

Ever had gout?

Comment

No never had gout . Always been in good health. Maybe to much protein eating a lot of pistachio almonds too

Comment

there has been zero proof that there is such a thing as "too much" protein so as to cause ill health.
                      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I seem to recall a lecture I had in submarine school about a "yellowing" of the conjunctiva, which is a thickening of the conjunctiva from exposure to weather and not related to liver disease.... but that lecture was a loooooong time ago.... best to see a doctor than rely on the "expertise" of graduates of the Internet School of Witch-doctory and Magic....

Comment

I do spend most of day out side and I'm from Ireland so we get all seasons in one day lol so could be another thing to think about .

Comment

Some people seem to experience bile issues when switching from high carbs to high fats. Their liver and gall bladder aren't yet adapted to the increased demand for bile for fat digestion. If this is the root of your eye yellowing, two things may help. 1) use more coconut oil in place of other fats 2) take 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar daily in water to stimulate increased bile production by the liver.
                            Stop by to visit at http://primalways.net
                            Old Paths ... New Journeys

Comment

I have a tablespoon of mct oil in my bp coffee each morning and all cooking with coconut oil . Iv been meaning to get that cider vinegar and give it a go anyway . Thanks for your advice

Comment

Working...
                              X